Sad day. So the other day I forgot that I laid my curve on the top of the car and left it when we got in. This is what happens when your curve slides off of your car hits a telephone pole at around 50.

anyone else with a story like mine? please share!
    10-20-08 10:16 PM
    hahaha thats a good one
    10-20-08 10:21 PM
    Omg I hope you have insurance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 10:23 PM
    hahahaha ouch!!!

I had to superglue a piece back on mine today... (dont ask) bc i was too lazy to get a replacement part
    10-20-08 10:24 PM
    insurance was available after my 30 days was up, so no dice. If anyone has a bold they want to trade for an iphone 3g (2 days old), hit me up
    10-20-08 10:30 PM
    Oh my. I have the Crimson Curve also. I am freaking out, just looking at yours Sorry about your BB.

10-20-08 10:33 PM
    My friend had a curve like that, that had gotten ran over by a car, but all the buttons and screen still worked, so he gave it to me. I bought a housing kit from cnn.cn istalled it and used it for a week with no problems, then sold it on ebay and made 80 bucks lol. Those things can cretanially take a beating.
    10-20-08 10:35 PM
    unfortunately it won't even power up. When I put the battery in I don't even get the red LED that acknowledges that there is any power.
    10-20-08 10:56 PM
    What a shame and I'm sorry that it happend to you.

As I posted a couple of months ago, mine fell off of my belt as I was ridding my Godlwing. I watched in the rear view mirror as it hit the road at 30mph. I then turned around to look for the pieces laying in the road. To my surprise there were only three amnd they were scatterd all over the road. The battery cover, the batter and the Curve itself. When I put it all together it worked great and still does.

It may be worth a try to get the parts you need and put it back together. They are a lot more rugged then they look.
    Last edited by MarioC; 10-20-08 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Spelling, what can I say.
    10-20-08 10:57 PM
    I hope you're right MarioC. I hate to be negative, but that thing looks trashed

10-20-08 11:01 PM
    looks like it's time to upgrade! that's how I see it lol. Yes, my life was on that device, (emails, contacts, etc etc) but this gives me a good reason for the bold. The iphone is just a stepping stone until I can find someone to buy it so that I can buy a bold or trade or simply return it within my 30 days and get the bold at AT&T. (if it even comes out this year )
    10-20-08 11:05 PM
    Good luck. You have a great attitude about the whole thing. I don't know if I could be as calm about it. I hope you get your Bold.

10-20-08 11:16 PM
    NOT good, sorry to hear about your Curve!
    10-21-08 01:50 AM
    I was gonna say you shoulda called 911 but for obvious reasons you probably couldn't anyway. I agree with the other folks here it's definitely a sign and being that there's 2 new BB's fixing to be released it's time to upgrade. Good luck!
    10-21-08 07:51 AM
    Damn that thing sure took a beating! The worst I've done was dropping one of my phones down the stairs.

10-21-08 09:08 AM
    Ouuuccchhh!

hope you get hooked up with a new device soon. Maybe check the market place for sued one if you don't have insurance.
    10-21-08 09:12 AM
    You sir, should be locked up for allowing the bb to get killed.. no bb should die like this....
    10-21-08 10:27 AM
    Wow... keep that in your car so you never forget..
    10-21-08 10:40 AM
    dam sorry to hear about that!
    10-21-08 10:48 AM
    Thread needed to memorialize dead 'berries.
    I would say that Taps should be the music but that might offend our good and faithful service personnel.

How about "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye" an old school Boys II Men joint!

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
    The good times that made us laugh
    Outweigh the bad.

I thought we'd get to see forever
    But forever's gone away
    It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

I don't know where this road
    Is going to lead
    All I know is where we've been
    And what we've been through.

If we get to see tomorrow
    I hope it's worth all the wait

And I'll take with me the memories
    To be my sunshine after the rain

And I'll take with me the memories
    To be my sunshine after the rain
    10-21-08 11:10 AM
    See what happens when you engage in other meaningful activitives!

I'm soooo sorry for your loss. RIP little red.
    10-21-08 11:25 AM
    thank you all for your kind words. it will all work out I think. The iphone I'm on now is on eBay so with any luck I will have a bold within a few days

Posted from my POS iPhone 3G at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 12:29 PM
    Hope you can get your bold soon. I was without my old bb for one day and it felt like forever!
    10-21-08 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD