I've been using a Curve 8330m since April '09.
    Never had any trouble at all with it.
    Never needed to use any backups, and only needed battery pulls about every 3 mos or so.
    The trackball? No complaints because it popps out and back in, in minutes.
    Even though I'm due for an upgrade, I'd hate to do it since it works so well.
    I may just wait until it dies before I replace it.
    Or maybe a Sprint Torch? Nah...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 07:33 PM
    Am I the only one around here who thinks QC was out to lunch when they released this model? I'm a long-time bb user, starting with the 8700 (I think) after converting from the Palm TREO. Then I was seduced by the small, ultralight Pearl, that I could keep in my pocket (tres cool) instead of geekily on my belt. But I hated the keyboard and Autotext. It never really anticipated what I was actually thinking - especially certain 4-letter words, even after I added them to the dictionary. Then the trackball broke, about an hour after the warranty expired, and couldn't be fixed! "No parts". On a model that's still in current production. What's that all about?

So instead of fighting "Customer Service" or "Warranty" I used this as an excuse to "upgrade" to the Curve. I also liked the idea of Telenav built in to the phone instead of needing a separate device like I had on the Pearl.

Problems right out of the box. Wouldn't synch properly with Outlook. Took hours of downloading and redownloading to get it to work without crashing, and understand I've been using the Desktop Manager for years. Then Telenav quit. Again, it took hours to get it reconfigured properly.

A couple of weeks later it stopped synching again AND Telenav quit again. 5 days after the "Return" period expired. How do it know? (sorry, old joke)

So, after hours of fighting with CS and Warranty I finally agreed, reluctantly, to accept a "refurbished" replacement. I know I'm not the only one who has received a "refurbished" replacement that was simply a bunch of somebody else's problems, recycled. I guess they figure nobody will notice. And sure enough, within days, it wouldn't synch, navigate, or access the net. Actually, it worked fine in my office parking lot; just wouldn't work in such out-of-the-way places as Tribeca (the one in New York City, near the financial district) or New Haven, CT. I told them I already knew how to get to my parking lot. They failed to see my wry humor.

So now I have yet another "Refurb". Seems "policy" is that you have to get 3defective replacements before they will consider "other options" (?). This one seems OK so far, except for the trackball occasionally sticking. We'll see. Anybody know how to get a unit that's actually been inspected prior to shipping?
    Sounds to me like you just got a bad phone. As for the phone model itself, it is a very reliable phone with endless possibilities. I hope it works out for you.

09-07-10 04:02 PM
    This is my 3rd BB,my 1st Curve (8330) & I love it. When I finally upgrade, It'll be another BB & most likely another curve.

09-07-10 05:11 PM
    This post is really really old who cears

09-08-10 12:50 AM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD