Hello all, I'm new to crackberrys and I'm so far very pleased.

Until last night, haha.

I had read on here that when setting up sound/ring profiles, I could use the "In Holster" for when I was in standby (by holding the mute button at the top).
    -I assure you that the phone is in standby, no key other than the mute key will wake it.

So why do my "In Holster" profile settings not apply? I got a "DING!" every time I got an email last night, and I have all of my email accounts set to MUTE when "In Holster".

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    10-21-08 08:28 AM
    why not just place it in the holster?
    10-21-08 08:33 AM
    ?

My question was about the In Holster settings, not the hardware.

Come along with me for a second and you'll see where I was headed...
    I want my phone to not alert me to emails when I'm in standby mode. Does anyone know of a way?
    10-21-08 08:41 AM
    Set whatever mode you're in when it's in standby to None for emails. You have In Holster and Out of Holster options, there is not a different one for Standby. Standby will use whatever setting is set for your phone at the time, depending on whether it's in or out of the holster.
    10-21-08 08:48 AM
    Okay, so I would have to change the profile manually to achieve this?
    I was hoping to have a single profile, but if those are the rules then I guess I will have to remember to put it into a different profile!

Thanks
    10-21-08 08:53 AM
    One simple fix is to use the Phone Only profile. You will only get an alert for an incoming phone call.
    10-21-08 08:55 AM
    Not a big deal, I just set up the "Quiet" profile to only alert me to phone and SMS. Now lets see how often I forget to change it before going to bed! Email be-damned!
    10-21-08 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD