My 8320 has been giving me fits. First my camera died, then a couple months later it starts to randomly shut itself off.

I replaced it the other day with a new 8320 (hooray $130 insurance fee), Upon first powering it up with my SIM card and battery in it...it does the same thing. (none of my software or SD card yet installed)

It follows through the security verification and then goes black, totally shutting itself off. It will not power back up with the power button. If I do a battery pull, it will go through the security verification and promptly shut itself off. (note: even with a full battery indicator)

If I have it plugged in, it will power up like normal and be fine for a while. It seems like whenever I require it to take a "load" when it is not plugged in,(ie: open a web link, or MMS a picture) it will shut itself down again.

OS- v4.5.0.81

It has to be the battery itself or the SIM card IMHO.....any ideas?
    Last edited by Sleepin; 07-30-09 at 04:57 PM.
    07-30-09 04:47 PM
    send it back or take it to a tmobile store and have them check it out... or you might wipe and reinstall the os to see if that helps.
    07-30-09 06:44 PM
    It follows through the security verification and then goes black, totally shutting itself off. It will not power back up with the power button. If I do a battery pull, it will go through the security verification and promptly shut itself off. (note: even with a full battery indicator)

If I have it plugged in, it will power up like normal and be fine for a while. It seems like whenever I require it to take a "load" when it is not plugged in,(ie: open a web link, or MMS a picture) it will shut itself down again.
    They just replaced the phone, correct? I had the same exact symptoms a few months back... a $5 battery off ebay and I have been fine ever since.

Good luck!
    07-30-09 07:10 PM
    It does seem like a bad battery. See if they can give you a new battery, or a new battery/phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD