My BlackBerry Curve with T-mobile has been shutting off the past couple days when the battery is still at least half full. When I pull out the battery and put it back in, it takes quite a while to turn on (if it even gets that far) and the battery is near death (my radio is turned off.) Any idea what is going on here? This has happened to me in the past but it was very rare, but it's happened 4 out of the last 5 days now. Is it possibly a battery issue or something with the phone? Anything I can do?

Any help at all would be extremely appreciated.

I tried searching for this and came up with nothing.
    03-10-09 02:08 PM
    How old is the battery. It sounds like the battery is shot. IT could be a memory issue but you need the phone powered up to check into that. options>status will show you your file free memory, if its above 12mb I would look into getting a replacement battery.

Regardless of what the battery level indicator shows when its dying it will show a good charge and drop off - your symptoms sound like that is the case..

You can get a replacement battery on amazon.com for 2-3 dollars if you can wait that long for shipping, if not just hit your local cell shop and pay the premium fee - they might be able to let you try one out in the store to make sure its the battery.
    03-10-09 02:16 PM
    I agree, it sounds like a bad battery. Does the phone work when plugged into a wall charger or USB charging port? If it does, then it is most certainly the battery.
    03-10-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD