All points being stated I know that its not dangerous I just think its a good idea to get a hip holster and keep my curve away from my berries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 02:15 AM
    I carry my phone in my crotch and my ***** has grown larger then ever!!!! Ladies hit me up my pin is 2446E55C

lol
    03-23-08 03:18 AM
    R o f l
    03-23-08 03:34 AM
    If you are that worried about the radiation from your phone, then don't use it. But you should also realize just how much RF is out there around you. Any radio or TV station antenna emits RF. Driving right by one of these sort of antennas while trying to listen to the radio should make that clear. Or even trying to use another RF device, such as a cell phone within the immediate vicinity of an RF tower you will have a more difficult time.
    03-23-08 03:41 AM
    I'm blind bald and my ball just fell out gd radiation!

03-23-08 03:46 AM
    Before you start quoting book references and lectures from your prof, I think you should be more open minded. I know 100% that BBs emit more than normal RF compared to regular cell phones. At work my collegues and I have created a test environment in our deparment where we would have all 15 BBs within a 3 feet radius around a person sitting at their desk in the middle. Each and everyone who sat in the middle for approx: 20mins, experienced headaches.
    Ever put your BB near a computer speaker, try it and you will hear the static interference on the speaker even without the BB calling someone. On my regular cell phone I would only hear the interference when its calling someone!
    No book / prof reference here. I haven't sat in a college class in since 1997. I have a good deal of understanding of electromagnetic radiation from my line of work which includes creating shielding for X-ray and MRI machines. I also have been through training for dealing with leaks from equipment and what exposure levels are unsafe. I just don't like it when people are afraid of things they don't understand.
    03-23-08 06:13 AM
    My apologies to the "surrounded by 15 BB's" poster and the original poster for confusing the two of you.
    I was keying on my BB and was exhausted. :-).
    My comments still hold though. OP should go to the Dr., and the experiment poster should investigate real research on cell radiation. Someone posted that they didn't doubt that 15 BB's will give you a headache. I do dispute that. I think that the power of suggestion played a huge part in the experiment. Human beings are strange creatures. Walk into a room with 10 people and say you smell something odd. Then walk around and ask if anyone else smells something. You'll be amazed. So to put someone in the scenario you described is biased beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    Now, with that out of the way, Happy Easter. I'm going to go unplug my toaster. *thats a joke...so everyone settle down*
    :-)

03-23-08 08:51 AM
    I agree. Happy Easter!!!!!
    03-23-08 08:55 AM
    This debate has gone on for some time (and probably will for the foreseeable future). Until they come up with more definitive testing results, I err on caution. For instance, I carry my BB in my pocket, but I try to make as many speakerphone calls as possible. The amount of radiation greatly diminishes the further you are from the phone.

I haven't had headaches as much. When I do, it's usually more because of my day rather than the phone!
    03-23-08 09:10 AM
    We are talking about one of the least of the "evils" that bombard us daily as we live our lives, the microwave towers, computers, taking a trip through the booth at the airport, high tension power lines, the dentist office............let us not quarrel about such an insignificant issue!
    (Hopefully a DR can help with the kidney/back issue)
    03-23-08 09:14 AM
    Using radioactive materials in my job I use a acronym ALARA meaning: as low as reasonably achievable, to live by. It specifically means limiting your exposure to ionizing radiation to the least amount possible, by time and distance. If one suspects that their BB is causing them health issues, then by all means use good sense protocols. However, with no published (scientific) documentation to affirm that BB's are any more harmful than our daily dose of stray RF, EMI, sunshine, etc.........then, don't panic! Live your life happily.....Happy Easter All.
    03-23-08 09:32 AM
    With "the curve having one of the highest radiation ratings of all cell phones. (1.51). " And "In other words the radiatian from a phone does not carry enough energy per quantam to ionize atoms or molecules, only enough to excite them."

Wait a minute...the Curve has the highest level of radiation that excites atoms or molecules...

Is this the reason that the Crackberry is so addictive? Its Exciting!
    03-23-08 03:22 PM
    I made a call today on curve, and all my hair fell out, my ear dropped off and my head exploded. However, I think it's safe. I was calling my mother in law! Happy Easter everyone. Lighten up a bit.
    03-23-08 03:50 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD