Hey there. Any Curve users excited about either the Apollo/Sedona or the new Bold Touch? Or, are you happy with the ole 83xx and use it until it dies?

I ditched my Droid X and went back to using my trusty 8330. So glad I did. It is just so much easier for me to type using the great Curve keyboard. I had a Storm2, but my wife gave it to a friend (yes, I did almost kill her).

Anyway, I like new tech, and nothing beats the form factor of a BB with a full keyboard. Anyone out there pumped up about the rumored devices? Will you stick with the Curve line, or go for the higher-end Bold Touch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 10:46 PM
    Personally I dont like the touch screens, and prefer a full keyboard to type with! I have the 8330, but i just got given a tour 9360 that i paid to have it fixed up. I havent quite decided if ill switch yet or just keep the tour for a backup!
    02-11-11 04:34 PM
    It was a great relationship with my ole 8330 -ole workhorse lol. as for touchscreen curve um still up in the air on a touch screen curve-... mmmmmm undecided-for reasons I prefer a full keyboard...for the realism of keys lol.... since I email and text a lot,,
    02-12-11 12:37 AM
    I'm not a fan of touchscreens either, i love the keyboard on my 8330, its great! But i hate the phone itself... i've had seven in the last year. and they've all been hardware problems. I'm looking forward to switching from Sprint to Verizon, and getting a bold, i hear they are nice phones....
    02-17-11 08:24 PM
    I'm not a fan of touchscreens either, i love the keyboard on my 8330, its great! But i hate the phone itself... i've had seven in the last year. and they've all been hardware problems. I'm looking forward to switching from Sprint to Verizon, and getting a bold, i hear they are nice phones....
    The only thing that concerns me about the new Bold is that the keys are so different compared to the Curve's. I have played with the Bold 9650 in the VZW store many times, and that keyboard is just weird, with the slanted keys. While I would want the added horsepower of the new Bold Touch, I am not sure about that keyboard.

RIM should make detachable keyboards! LOL.

02-18-11 01:45 PM
    haven't had a single issue with my curve since I got it in may '09, but i abhor the slow cpu in this phone.

can't wait to resign with the dakota
    02-18-11 05:08 PM
    If you look at the pics dakota looks to have a keyboard and touch screen.

I'm exited about that phone.
    I've had my 8310 since december of 07 I wanna say upgraded to an iphone 3gs(december of 09') but it got stolen out of my car that august so I got to go back to old faithful

I'm still enjoying it.
    Saw that this phone also has 32gb maximum memory card. Now if only blackberries were synced to itunes to update play counts and playlists it would be perfect.

02-19-11 05:18 PM
    Part of me just wants to upgrade to a new Berry so Rogers will stop stalking me asking me to upgrade!
    I'm not too into touch screens either so I'm just going to get a Bold 9780 once RIM sorts out that stuttering key problem.
    02-20-11 11:09 PM
    I am.. I like the looks of the new Bold.
    02-21-11 02:08 PM
    I like my 8830 - weird problems aside - but I am definitely looking forward to getting a touch screen model. I had a couple of bizarre problems with my Curve like the "h" key didn't work (not easy to handle when certain passwords had that letter in it) - apparently that was a legit software glitch.
    02-22-11 11:07 AM
    Well I'd rather have my 8330 than a dumbphone... but the trackball is driving me crazy and it runs rather slowly. Other than that, the keyboard is great and of course messaging is so amazing with blackberry.
    02-22-11 03:38 PM
    I like the touch screen wife has htc hero I just hate the keyboard on touck screen love my bb curve 8330 would like to try the torch but my carrier doesn't carry that and not planning on swithing to at&t, verizon or sprint they don't have service where I live

02-22-11 04:18 PM
    i still have my 8320. although i will never use it (other than a backup phone), it was a tank and had the best keyboard!
    02-22-11 10:47 PM
    Well I'd rather have my 8330 than a dumbphone... but the trackball is driving me crazy and it runs rather slowly. Other than that, the keyboard is great and of course messaging is so amazing with blackberry.
    I agree, I admit that's one thing I don't miss about my 8330 is the trackball and running slow-(hourglass) drove me nuts at times...beside that it's a great workhorse .....
    02-24-11 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD