I have a question regarding the pouch that comes with the t-mobile curve. Its a slide in pouch and i think its kind of tight.

So, does the curve's side black rubber things wear off over time? The rubber coating does not seem very durable.

I like the leather pouch over the silicon case but if the rubber sides on the phone wear off, i dont think i'll use it!

Btw, i had the pearl and i think the silicon case does not do much protecting from dust getting inside the little scroll button.
    all inputs welcome!

thanks.
    07-25-08 07:07 PM
    good question, I'm interested in hearing the answer too... anyone out there that has used the slide-in pouch for a while now?
    07-25-08 08:37 PM
    The sides are very durable, its the top you shoulod worry about. I've seen some nasty peeling on peoples BB's.
    07-25-08 08:39 PM
    The paint comes off of the plastic far before the rubber will wear out on the sides or the top. But the top will start to peel if you don't take care of it. I use an oem holster and the only thing I'm missing is a little paint on the top of the battery cover

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 08:44 PM
    I agreean what ever thy used to finish the side rails is a lot more durable then the top.

It is gone from the tops leading edges, but my side panels are nearly flawless.

I use the OEM holster, slide in style.

07-25-08 08:52 PM
    I use the OEM pouch, and have for quite a while now. No problems at all. Like it very much.
    07-25-08 08:53 PM
    Yes, the black paint on top of the phone is very cheap! Iv seen it on my friends phone and its peeling off. Thats the reason I had a concern for the sides. I guess the sides are built better then the painted top!

I am still confused on what to use. The slide in pouch or silicon case?
    07-25-08 09:00 PM
    I prefer the side carrying case or pouch.
    07-25-08 09:11 PM
    Hate the pouch but have been using it abouit 6 months. No, it doesn't wear the sides, but my top rubber is gone. Need to find a good durable holster again, the standard BB leather one breaks easily (clip).

07-25-08 09:29 PM
    I am thinking.

What is more valuable?

The Top rubber piece getting worn or scroll button getting dust in it and discoloration?

I am thinking top piece should be protected with a silicon case.
    07-25-08 10:21 PM
    Im a fan of the oem slip case for my curve, I use it more than any of the other carriers that I have such as the silicone or the oem hip holster.
    07-25-08 10:24 PM
    I have a BSE skin and a silicone BB skin on my 8330. The OEM slip case wouldn't fit anymore but the slip case for my old xv6700 fits perfectly. You should look into it so you can protect the screen, rubber side grips, and still slip it into a case. Protect protect protect. LOL.
    07-25-08 11:25 PM
    Otterbox
    07-25-08 11:27 PM
    I have had my curve now for a while and I used the pouch for sometime and never had any problems with the slide pouch, but the only thing I didn't like about it was that it had no clip so I have moved on to a new pouch!!
    07-25-08 11:50 PM
    Otterbox
    Holy $hit lol...

I can seriously use this as a self defense weapon! lmao

This is really good for those people who does manual labor.
    07-26-08 12:40 AM
    Silcon BB case, occasionally a side holster. I am considering a otter box but it would change the sleek look, which makes me hesitate.
    I would love to find a side holster that would allow the silcon case to remain on the phone as well.

07-26-08 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD