I love my Curve (BB King) and it is awesome!, but I am a power user and have thought about jumping ship to AT&T many of times, but for the service and the cost I get from Sprint (My service is great and I get 450 min, and unlimited everything else incl m2m after 7pm for $70!!!!) I won't be leaving the Sprint until somebody else gives me what I have for very close to what i get w/ sprint!!! Sadly, IDK when Sprint will get a new BB, the 8350i I heard was a POS.... seems like BB stays away from sprint lol
    06-09-09 08:17 AM
    I just upgraded to the Curve from the Storm and haven't looked back. I am really interested in the Tour but after what happened with the Storm and all of the OS junk I do not want to risk having a phone that is not capable of performing simple functions and having to wait 8 months for a stable OS. The Curve is reliable and I have had no issues with it so far except the chirp during phone calls with .160, but I will be taking care of that tonight.I can wait until my next upgrade to be sure that whatever Blackberrys are out there at the time are going to be running at the top of their game.
    06-09-09 08:37 AM
    I love my curve. I dont go anywhere without it, even the bathroom. I know what some have said is true, slower processor than newer BBs, low memory, etc... But I just dont see myself upgrading to another BB at the time, but then again, only time will tell. I like the way the 8900 looks, so maybe that will be my next berry. In the mean time, to me my curve 8310 is the best phone out there.
    06-09-09 01:23 PM
    I would never consider the curve to be low on memory or slow by any means. It has some quirks occasionally, but mine has only ever done that when I've really bogged it down doing 85 things all at once.

Even with over 2000 texts, facebook, superpages, socialscope, and capture it, my curve on average has around 45mb free for memory.
    06-09-09 02:06 PM
    I love my curve. I use it all day, everyday. I upgraded from a pearl 8100. I don't see myself using any other smartphone except for the BB.

My curve isn't slow at all. I receive tons of emails and texts messages all day and never have a problem with it being slow. That might be due to the fact that I have a stock theme and don't have a lot of apps on it.
    06-09-09 02:17 PM
    I guess it depends on each individual's usage habits and apps installed and so on. I don't think my curve is slow, but sometimes when doing a lot of things at once, I notice it does get a little funky on me. I have BB App World, TeleNav Maps, Crackberry Launcher, Bank of America launcher, SmrtGuard, Documents to Go, and the Curve 8900 Javelin theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 02:33 PM
    I don't find my 8320 obsolete compared to newer phones. It does everything that I need or want. I am planning to upgrade to the Driftwood in september, but that doesn't mean I'm replacing an obsolete device with a useful one. "Obsolete". Such a strong word for the curve.

06-09-09 03:00 PM
    We're in the process of rolling out over a 100 new Curves and to quite a few, they are a major upgrade! It all depends on your perspective. We've got a couple of people that HAD to have a Storm and now they are hating them and trying to get back into a Curve...
    06-09-09 06:57 PM
    Well I started with a Pearl (8130) and while that was OK it broke contstantly. Telus upgarded me to a 8330 Curve and I have never been happier with a phone. I used to be in the Palm camp (seeing as I used to work under contact for them). I dont feel that the Curve is old, It runs everything I can think of and stuff I didn't know existed before. I got a ton of songs, Music Videos and even 2 feature length movies on mine and every email I have ever recieved. When my Curve finally dies I will probably get a Tour or a derivative but becuase of my Curve (not the Pearl ) and a Crackberry user for life. My wife even likes my Curve. LOL!
    Last edited by Mythos_LSX; 06-10-09 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Grammer Editing
    06-09-09 11:59 PM
    If you've had t 6 months to a year it's probably obsolete...it's about how quickly tech advances and trickles out to the masses. It's called planned obsolescence. That's how they keep people in jobs/etc.
    Those clever marketing people!
    06-10-09 12:29 AM
    I would never consider the curve to be low on memory or slow by any means. It has some quirks occasionally, but mine has only ever done that when I've really bogged it down doing 85 things all at once.

Even with over 2000 texts, facebook, superpages, socialscope, and capture it, my curve on average has around 45mb free for memory.
    How do you get so much free memory? Is there a way to use the memory card for apps or something? What am I missing?

06-10-09 12:36 AM
    Well I cannot comment directly to the aboue quote, a way to free up memory is to remove all the extra language support stored in the phone from the factory. In my case, using the quick setup I removed French and Spanish (or English if you prefer the others) and removed Russian and Chinese (in my phones case) typing languages from in the options menu.

I surmise that most of the data in the quote is probably stored on a MicroSD Card.
    Last edited by Mythos_LSX; 06-10-09 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Bad wording
    06-10-09 02:52 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD