A friend of mine called me and his curves buttons will not respond. So I picked it up this morning and he is right. After a battery pull the phone comes on, and after it loads, the only thing that responds is the trackball. After the backlight goes off, you can not get the screen to light back up. My computer still recognizes it being plugged in, so if you think a os reload will help, ill try it. When I plug it in the screen lights back up. I can scroll through home screen icons but not select any of them. Any ideas or how can I get in touch with RIM about warranty, its only 4 months old! Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 10:41 AM
    Did he get it wet? Thats usually the case whenever a keypad quits responding
    05-12-09 10:46 AM
    He says no water! About an hour before the problem started he said he dropped it, but there are no scratches, scuffs, or anything. Sounds like a hardware error over a software issue! Thanks!

05-12-09 10:50 AM
    Perhaps... Since its only 4 months old I would take it back to the carrier.. its still under warrenty and they should be able to replace it or either fix it..
    05-12-09 10:52 AM
    Probably what we are gonna do! I gave him my 8310 to use til we get it fixed so he isn't berryless!

05-12-09 11:12 AM
    Yep, take it in for a warranty replacement. Do a full backup, including 3rd party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    05-12-09 01:46 PM
    Thanks man! I sure will, looks like a trip to good ole AT&T tomorrow morning!

05-12-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD