so, messenger is dead, contacts unreachable. can't make calls, nothing. Put the SIM in my old cu500, works just fine. no one can call me, got a few messenger messages in, here and there, nothing constant. Interesting. Ran the diagnostic test from the network menu, seems I can't connect to the RIM servers. Yes I have a BB plan. Then why can't I receive or make calls, you don't need RIM servers for that. battery also went to 10% from 100% in seconds and won't charge although desktop manages shows it at >80%. Cant even get a signal now, says SOS even though its worked in the same spot all the time...
    01-16-08 07:37 PM
    when did u get urs
    01-16-08 07:38 PM
    just got it exactly a week ago, from att online...
    01-16-08 07:40 PM
    You have 30 days with no questions asked to exchange for a new one with ATT. I would.
    01-16-08 07:42 PM
    I was just hoping there was something else I could do. It just happened out of nowhere. Using it one minute, then coming back to it and everything is gone. Could ATT have done something, cancelled my BB plan?
    01-16-08 07:48 PM
    Makes sense to cash in on that 30-day exchange.

Too big of a hassle? Back up the device. Wipe the device. Load the back up to the device.
    01-16-08 08:40 PM
    Already wiped it. So now the thing wont turn on or even charge at all.
    01-17-08 01:08 PM
    I would stop myself from maybe getting headaches in the future and just exchange it for another one before the 30 days are up. You wouldn't want to fix the problem for now and it just resurface later.
    01-17-08 10:50 PM
    Replacement just came in. Shipped at 4am, was here at the door at 11am. New phone is actually a bit older, made in mexico not canada like the first. My guess with the first phone was that the battery died and took he phone with it. Even putting new battery in old phone does nothing, turns on but no signal and battery shows 10% even though fully charged.
    01-18-08 03:53 PM
    Return the old phone and hope that the new one works out for ya! There is absolutely nothing that you can do to fix the old one...so forget about it, it was probably defective.
    01-18-08 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD