I'm new to BB family. I've got a curve 8330 on the way from Verizon. What are some of the must have accessories that I should be buying? Screen protectors, case, etc. I like the look of the Otterbox but does it come with a holster or is that separate? Thanks for help.
    02-02-09 06:31 PM
    Slacker
    It acts about the same as XM radio and its free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:38 PM
    I'm new to BB family. I've got a curve 8330 on the way from Verizon. What are some of the must have accessories that I should be buying? Screen protectors, case, etc. I like the look of the Otterbox but does it come with a holster or is that separate? Thanks for help.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr
    02-02-09 06:39 PM
    Spluc1, welcome to crackberry!

I have an otterbox defender and I'm very happy with it. It does add a little bulk but for me it was well worth it. It does come with a holster w/clip and a full length screen protector, to protect the screen, keyboard, speakers, etc but you don't have to use it. Personally I didn't like the feel of the screen protector on the keyboard.

Other accessories you might like is an extra charger (I keep one at the office and home). Take a look at the cb accessory store, it might give you ideas. Be careful tho... once you start down the path of accessories, you'll want all the toys for your precious bb. Soon you'll start looking for that 8-16GB card for your music. This will lead to theme addiction and endless apps. You'll stay up late looking for that perfect wallpaper and you'll tell yourself it's just one more ringtone, you can stop at any time but... you won't.

Anyway, welcome to Crackberry
    02-02-09 06:45 PM
    "Other accessories you might like is an extra charger (I keep one at the office and home). Take a look at the cb accessory store, it might give you ideas. Be careful tho... once you start down the path of accessories, you'll want all the toys for your precious bb. Soon you'll start looking for that 8-16GB card for your music. This will lead to theme addiction and endless apps. You'll stay up late looking for that perfect wallpaper and you'll tell yourself it's just one more ringtone, you can stop at any time but... you won't."

LMAO, Grim you just described my addiction to a tee
    02-02-09 06:51 PM
    have to get the body glove for ur curve.....get protection for it
    02-02-09 06:52 PM
    if you need longer battery life I recommend an extended battery such as the ones on shop crackberry.
    02-02-09 07:48 PM
    if you need longer battery life I recommend an extended battery such as the ones on shop crackberry.
    do they add any size to the phone? or is it same as original? And what kind of difference does the extended make?
    02-02-09 08:13 PM
    The extended batteries add a little depth to the phone but not much at all. I would recommend some BB skins just for soft bumps and also the body glove hard rubber 2 piece case is awesome. Has a removable belt clip and a screen protector built in, just be careful pulling it off as the case clicks together tight. I would also recommend a 8gb Micro SD to store any music and media on. Also some you might wanna look for some different themes for your BB which you can find at Shop.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 08:17 PM
    "Other accessories you might like is an extra charger (I keep one at the office and home). Take a look at the cb accessory store, it might give you ideas. Be careful tho... once you start down the path of accessories, you'll want all the toys for your precious bb. Soon you'll start looking for that 8-16GB card for your music. This will lead to theme addiction and endless apps. You'll stay up late looking for that perfect wallpaper and you'll tell yourself it's just one more ringtone, you can stop at any time but... you won't."

LMAO, Grim you just described my addiction to a tee
    That does sound just a bit familiar!!

02-02-09 08:37 PM
    Lol!! I can totally relate. Lol!

02-02-09 08:47 PM
    A travel charger I carry one in my laptop case, works in the car and at home

Weather Bug Direct

Opera Mini

Google Maps (if you are VZW, it will only work so well)

A good case
    02-02-09 09:43 PM
    Spluc1, welcome to crackberry!

I have an otterbox defender and I'm very happy with it. It does add a little bulk but for me it was well worth it. It does come with a holster w/clip and a full length screen protector, to protect the screen, keyboard, speakers, etc but you don't have to use it. Personally I didn't like the feel of the screen protector on the keyboard.

Other accessories you might like is an extra charger (I keep one at the office and home). Take a look at the cb accessory store, it might give you ideas. Be careful tho... once you start down the path of accessories, you'll want all the toys for your precious bb. Soon you'll start looking for that 8-16GB card for your music. This will lead to theme addiction and endless apps. You'll stay up late looking for that perfect wallpaper and you'll tell yourself it's just one more ringtone, you can stop at any time but... you won't.

Anyway, welcome to Crackberry
    i love this
    02-03-09 02:43 PM
    have to get pacman for your curve, great kill time game. Also, the tip calculator app.
    try going to pimpmyberry for themes. they have a good 'free' selection of apps.
    02-03-09 05:28 PM
    Slacker
    It acts about the same as XM radio and its free.

I saw this post and thought you were calling me a slacker. Thanks for the info.
    02-03-09 06:47 PM
    The OEM sleeve is nice and has a magnet that puts the phone in standby, saving battery life.

Slacker is crap: slow with minimal selection. Better to load your own music library on a memory card.

Vlingo sends texts that you write verbally.
    02-03-09 09:19 PM
    The Otterbox defender rocks, it has saved my phone from certain death by drops several times (including today's 6 foot fall to concrete). I also love my Motorola S9-HD stereo bluetooth headset.
    02-03-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD