First, this is actually my first blackberry and smartphone. Second, have had it for a week and it is fantastic so far. My only problems are as follows...1) The volume when making calls not using the speaker is lacking on my phone, it sounds as though people are whispering, they can hear me fine but I cannot hear them so I'm returning it for a new one due to defective speaker(maybe). 2.) When I make a calendar appointment, I cannot get it to have an alert tone or anything, it just shows up on my main screen and stays there til the time passes. If anyone can be of some help, that would be great. Also, anyone know how to download a different web browser or have any recommendations. Or any sites that list websites that work well with blackberry devices as there are some I cannot view. Thank you for your help. Sorry post was so long. Excited to join the site though.
    06-11-07 04:28 PM
    For 2).

Make sure under profiles you have a sound for calendar/messages, etc. Mine came default for none.

Profiles>Advanced>(Profile you want to edit)>Go to the particular event (browser, messenger, etc and see what the volume is set to)
    06-11-07 04:33 PM
    Sounds like possibly you may need to look at the Service Books and if you have CICAL books, they may need to be deleted - but please try the Profiles option first.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-07 04:39 PM
    Like brucejr said, profiles is probably the answer. Now, if you DON'T get your calendar items sync'ing to the device then delete the CICAL in service books (options / advanced options / service books). Once done, resend them from your carriers website...
    06-11-07 05:16 PM
    Yeah the profiles didn't do it. I have the theme where the home screen displays a message icon, a Calendar Icon--which shows the texts and upcoming appointments for whatever date, and a call log and application icon. However I set it to play an alert tone and saved it twice...But it still doesn't alert me. It's nice that it displays it but I want to be notified. Sorry for being a moron, but wat exactly is a CICAL book? Man I'm embarassed.
    06-11-07 06:08 PM
    Wait,. before we go into the CICAL service book option. Go back to profiles / normal / calendar , etc, etc and set them, and save them. NOW, pull the batter out, and put it back in.

ps: make sure none of the sub-profile settings are set to 'mute'!?!
    06-11-07 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD