Hi everyone! I just love all the info here... But I've come across a problem that I haven't been able to find (search) the answer to. My hubby and I both have curves (verizon). For some strange reason, we can't get his phone to hold a charge. Between the 2 of us we have 4 batteries, no matter which one we put in his curve, it's got a low battery within 2 hrs. MY curve can run all day on the battery his phone kills. (In other words, it's NOT the battery) has anyone even heard of such a defect? Should we just make an insurance claim? Thanks for all of ur wisdom in advance!

ETA: our curves are 8330's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 10:49 AM
    By all means you should request a new device (I don't know all long you've had them) or do a claim. Something is wrong with your hubby's BB. I've never had that problem but you never know these days. I've seen stranger things occur. Good luck...
    12-20-09 11:13 AM
    On a day when you both can spare, do a battery pull on a full charge. Then do a side by side comparison on same usage. Browsing same webpages, calling same area codes all for the same amount of time each session, preferably at the same time. Also check if he is running different applications and if any of those are always running in the background. Face book is a battery drainer, so check if he has that app running. Remember, he has to CLOSE the application (via the menu key and then close) in order for it to shut down. He cannot just back arrow key out of the application. Good luck.
    12-20-09 11:21 AM
    A friend of mine (also with Verizon) had a similar problem. It was the phone. Take it back to Verizon and request a new one. I have a Curve through Verizon, and it works fine.
    12-20-09 12:39 PM
    It is the applications generally speaking. I had this issue. I did a fresh install of the system and did not install the additional applications, and it ran as it had previously. Check that before going through any other headaches.
    12-20-09 04:41 PM
    could be apps could be device he could be roaming and constantly looking for a signal...
    12-20-09 05:46 PM
    The battery on my Curve dies before the day ends. It always has. My first battery lasted about 3 hours, I got a new one that at least can last almost a full day.
    12-20-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD