hey guys i was playing with my curve and taking the batt lid off and putting it back on when all the suddenn the clip came up farhter than its supposed to. pics are attached. has anyone had this happen?

07-08-08 02:25 PM
    OUCH!
    Did you try just gently pushing it back into place?
    07-08-08 02:26 PM
    07-08-08 02:27 PM
    If you have the insurance it will cover that
    07-08-08 02:28 PM
    even if you dont, just bring it in to the store and see if the techs can do anything about it. that's what i would do
    07-08-08 02:29 PM
    bmcclure: I just checked that site also, is that
    part universal to all 83xx series?
    07-08-08 02:30 PM
    That happened with my Pearl, there is a spring and a post under there, and it is held in by 2 plastic tabs on each side that hold it in. What has happened is one of the plastic tabs has broke. Be very careful, because the clip will come out and the very small spring will be lost, then it will not hold at all. What I did was gently put it back together (it will kind of hold in place) and then put a piece of tape on the back and covered it with a skin. I have not had any problems since then.
    07-08-08 02:38 PM
    Next time you want to "play with" something fire up brickbreaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 02:44 PM
    OUCH!
    Ha ha ha ha
    07-08-08 02:46 PM
    Next time you want to "play with" something fire up brickbreaker.

somethin like that shouldnt happen period. whether he was playin with it or just doin a battery pull, couldve happen to any of us!

sure u didnt mean anything bad by it tho.
    07-08-08 02:47 PM
    Hope you get it fixed.

07-08-08 02:58 PM
    thanks for the help guys. im going to call vzw. this curve is less than 2 months old. so yea. the manufacturers warrenty should cover that. after all this should not happen. i was not playing with it per say. i was just sliding the door off and on a few times. i have a bse on it so im gona loose that but this is deff fulty equpt. and it is defective. not many blackberrys do this. and im not buying anything for it when i dont have to.

but in the mean tim i dont know what im going to do. if theres a place in the usa that sells them for the 8330 ill consider.

and has anyone taken the phone apart. is there hidden stickers that void warrentys like computers??
    07-08-08 02:59 PM
    Try pushing it back in or taking it to the store to see if they can fix it. Hopefully something can be done for you!
    07-08-08 03:02 PM
    Blackberry Curve Battery Door Lock Latch with Spring fits RIM 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, Blackberry 8300 Curve Cell Phone Parts

found that one too but ill be damned if im paying 32 bucks with shipping for a peice of plastic and a spring lol.
    07-08-08 05:23 PM
    i am so scared of that little clip i try to NEVER use that battery door

thank goodness for ALT+SHIFT+DEL
    07-08-08 05:36 PM
    I'm glad I don't play with my battery door. Good luck!

07-08-08 05:46 PM
    OUCH!
    Ha ha ha ha
    Van, you have a "nasty" sense of humor!!!! I like how you think!!!
    Thank you Jenay.... you probably didnt mean it the way we took it; but I'm sorry, this is the funniest ish you've said in a long time!!!
    07-08-08 05:49 PM
    Van, you have a "nasty" sense of humor!!!! I like how you think!!!
    Thank you Jenay.... you probably didnt mean it the way we took it; but I'm sorry, this is the funniest ish you've said in a long time!!!
    Yeah.. I immediately realized what I said right after I posted that...
    07-08-08 06:19 PM
    this just happened to mine today, and I've never taken the battery off, bringing it to vzw tmrw, less than a week old
    07-08-08 07:08 PM
    yay im not alone i refuse to take it to the store. the local store is 40 mins away and gas is 4 bucks a gallon so screw that. when it should have never happened. o well im on hold with vzw on their defective phone replacement line
    07-08-08 09:17 PM
    I just had this same stupid *** problem happen to me. Brand new curve less than 7 days.. Didn't drop it or anything. Opened the cover to put a memory card in, and went to cover it back up and it was sitting just like yours
    08-05-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD