hey everbody. i have a tmo 8320 with recently upgraded v4.5 os. everythings fine with my phone including memory wise im running at about 20,000,000 constantly. but for some reason when im on bbm and typing excessively for maybe a good 10 mins my phone automatically shuts off to a black screen. i do a battery pull, and when my phone resets it says low battery no bars and radio use is off. but my phone was practically full just before the sudden shut down. i tried putting my battery in my gfs curve and it says its full on her phone which is weird. then when i put the battery back again into my phone all of a sudden my battery is full with out charging it. im so confused right now. any ideas? please help. thanks in advance!
    09-19-08 07:53 PM
    what version of 4.5 are you using? 4.5.0.xx
    09-19-08 08:05 PM
    was the phone acting like this before the upgrade ?
    09-19-08 08:06 PM
    what version of 4.5 are you using? 4.5.0.xx
    i have v4.5.0.55
    09-19-08 08:15 PM
    was the phone acting like this before the upgrade ?
    no never before the upgrade, but ive had my phone upgraded for about 2 weeks now with no problems. today was the first time this happened.
    09-19-08 08:17 PM
    cruise through here and see if anyone else has seen this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-55-a-67504/ It sounds like a os glitch but .55 was good to me. Wish I had more for you, Good luck.
    09-19-08 08:19 PM
    id wipe your device with JL_cmndr and reload the os...
    09-19-08 08:40 PM
    If it's an os glitch why reload it? Why don't you hook him up with that .69er you're running?
    09-19-08 08:51 PM
    I've been having the same problem. It just started a couple days ago. I was thinking I needed a new battery.
    09-19-08 08:51 PM
    bumpp please help
    09-20-08 12:02 AM
    If it's an os glitch why reload it? Why don't you hook him up with that .69er you're running?
    yeah? does any one have the link .69? how would i do that just upgrade without wiping device?
    09-20-08 12:04 AM
    I've been having the same problem. It just started a couple days ago. I was thinking I needed a new battery.
    i wish it was just the battery, but i dont think so
    09-20-08 02:15 AM
    how do u do that? any easier way? like without wiping out my phone. i dont even know how to do that.
    09-20-08 02:30 AM
    any ideas?
    09-20-08 01:12 PM
    when i put the battery back again into my phone all of a sudden my battery is full with out charging it.
    I'm having the same problem. It does it more frequently when I'm using the media player, mainly when watching videos, but it has done it during other times as well. I called t-mo yesterday and they are sending me a replacement since mine is still under warranty.

It seems as if there some issue with the software telling how much battery is remaining, and its detecting that the battery is dead (even though its really not) so its abruptly shutting off.

I've been having issues with my curve that the battery is dying faster than it used to, so I will let you know if a replacement curve is the issue or if it is the actual battery.
    12-15-08 12:39 PM
    Question, for all you 8320 users, which is your latest OS? I'm running 4.5.77 on my 8330...

Original Poster- Why dont you log onto Tmobile or RIM and look for a different OS file?

You can also wipe your blackberry thru Options -> security options -> wipe handheld.
    12-15-08 12:42 PM
    ok, so I guess I was wrong. I got my replacement curve from t-mo yesterday (ugh and they sent me one with os4.2, so I had to update it first off) but then I transfered everything over and it was was fine all night. I got to work today and was using bbm and it died. I had to battery pull and it came back up at about 50% battery (it was just at about 80% before it died). I'm now leaning towards it being a bad battery.

The battery has been draining unusually quick in the past couple weeks, for example, it went from 100% when I took it off the charger this morning to 85% within one hour or so, and all I did was receive 2 emails. I will replace the battery and keep everyone posted if that fixes it.
    12-18-08 03:43 PM
    I was having the same problem with my phone. I would have a full battery and then talk on the phone for about 10 minutes and then I would start to hear some sort of interference in the line because the phone was making like this humming sound and then the phone would shut off to black screen. I'd then pull the battery and then when the phone came on, I either get "battery too low for radio use" (and the battery indicator would be red), or the batter would be 2/3 full, or right before the security test was finished it would just shut off again. I was just about to set out on a journey to get another phone when I decided to just try a different battery. So yesterday I borrowed my friend�s spare battery and it was almost full. I talked on it, played music, sent texts, etc. and went to bed. I did not charge the phone over night like I normally do. I woke up this morning, played music, talked on the way to work, etc. and have had ZERO problems.
    12-18-08 04:06 PM
    The battery has been draining unusually quick in the past couple weeks, for example, it went from 100% when I took it off the charger this morning to 85% within one hour or so, and all I did was receive 2 emails. I will replace the battery and keep everyone posted if that fixes it.
    I forgot to add that in the weeks leading to my problem, my battery was unusually draining as well. I thought it was because I had too many apps running (Yahoo, Myspace, Google Chat) so I deleted Myspace and shut off Yahoo and Google chat and that didn't help.

I just talked to my friend who let me borrow his battery and he tried my battery in his phone and with a full battery, he was on a conversation and the phone just died!
    12-18-08 04:10 PM
    Could be the os. I had a similar problem with .55 and .69. I use .102 now and don't have any issues.
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD