My Curve 8310 won't turn on. I tried connecting it to DM and still nothing. I tried charging it, Nothing. No LED RED indicator, no flashing lights. Hasn't been touched by water.

Do I need to buy a new battery? Is there a way to wipe the os while the phone is not turned on?

Is there any way to fix this? Can someone please save my blackberry.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    07-03-09 06:03 PM
    The battery is the first suspect. They do fail and that is exactly what you will see, nothing.

Lets concentrate of that first, if it is nessessary to replace your device, there are way we can wipe it without the battery.
    07-03-09 06:05 PM
    The battery is the first suspect. They do fail and that is exactly what you will see, nothing.

Lets concentrate of that first, if it is nessessary to replace your device, there are way we can wipe it without the battery.

I get no white screen, no led indicator. nothing. So you're telling me that there is still hope? And how can we wipe it out without the battery? So we can get it to work again?
    07-03-09 06:09 PM
    The thing that worries me is that once I open the back, I don't see any liquid damage indicator, only thing I see is that, right across the sim card slot, on the Right side, I see this small red, looks to be a plastic piece, aside from that, I don't see any sticker, Is there a way to take this liquid indicator off?
    Can someone provide me with a picture on what and where it is located?
    07-03-09 07:11 PM
    I had this happen a while ago. Try removing the battery for a good 2 or 3 hours and then replace it. That worked for me. Later I saw that advice given in a forum so it must.be legit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 07:36 PM
    My battery is a Yellow CM2 Battery. Is that good or is it suppose to be Blue?
    07-03-09 07:42 PM
    The thing that worries me is that once I open the back, I don't see any liquid damage indicator, only thing I see is that, right across the sim card slot, on the Right side, I see this small red, looks to be a plastic piece, aside from that, I don't see any sticker, Is there a way to take this liquid indicator off?
    Can someone provide me with a picture on what and where it is located?
    Solid Red? I would venture a new diagnosis, you have experienced water damage. Sorry, it is likley terminal.

No point in trying to remove it, tampering is enough to void your warranty.
    07-03-09 07:44 PM
    Solid Red? I would venture a new diagnosis, you have experienced water damage. Sorry, it is likley terminal.

No point in trying to remove it, tampering is enough to void your warranty.
    Do you have a picture as to where the indicator is located? I'm not sure if this is actually the liquid indicator or not.
    07-03-09 07:49 PM
    No, but there is nothing else Red in a BlackBerry.
    07-03-09 08:00 PM
    its probably battery failure
    07-03-09 08:05 PM
    No, but there is nothing else Red in a BlackBerry.
    No, but this red piece actually looks like it's in the board. I've heard that the indicator is located on the top upper left, but I see nothing but screws. So I don't know what to do.

I'm really confused here. I will swap batt's with my buddy tomorrow and see if there is any luck.
    Last edited by Mikey_D; 07-03-09 at 08:48 PM.
    07-03-09 08:46 PM
    I have just checked, there is some Red inside the Curve.

It is visuable as a small Red tab directly under the SIM card slot, and above the lable when the Curve is held to read the lable. I am sorry, I really should have check that before posting.

The good news, the battery is the primary suspect again.
    07-04-09 10:33 AM
    I have just checked, there is some Red inside the Curve.

It is visuable as a small Red tab directly under the SIM card slot, and above the lable when the Curve is held to read the lable. I am sorry, I really should have check that before posting.

The good news, the battery is the primary suspect again.

lol you scared me there for a second. I thought about it last night, and I swapped batteries with my friend who has a 8320 not a 8310 and the battery I believe was a Sm2? and not a C. Well I tried, and it didn't even turn on.

And while doing this, I checked my friends curve, and he has the red thing that I was talking about aswell.

So I sent the curve in for technicians to ship it out, so they could check it out. Good news, I don't have to pay for the shipping, and they'll tell me exactly what's wrong with it, and from there on in, I can choose for them to repair it, or I can notify you crackberry users, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

I hope this works out!
    07-04-09 05:58 PM
    I am glad you have a line of getting it fixed.

I am not sure why, but when I woke up this morning, I knew I had to check that out.... to my suprize, there is something Red in there. Chalk it up to experience, dont post something that you have not actualy verified.

Part of the learning curve for all of us.
    07-04-09 06:09 PM
    UPDATE

I got my phone back over a week ago, and they told me at one point, they had it charging and it was on, and than when they brought it back, it didn't turn on, so than they extended it, long story short. they said it had water damage. Which I don't believe. This is why.

When I got the phone, it came with a Yellow CM2 Battery as opposed to the CS2 Battery which is Blue.

When I looked at my pearl and my curve, it has the exact same battery Yellow CM2. When I put my buddys Blue CS2 battery off of a 8320, nothing happened. However, when I put my other buddys CS2 battery off of a 8310, it only showed me a red light, which it never did before.

So my question is.

Is it really the battery this entire time, since I always had the CM2 battery in there ( which is for pearls ) the wrong one? Since it requires a CS 2 Blue battery?

Because if these proffesionals really took it in, wouldn't they notice that it may be the wrong battery as opposed to it being water damage?

I took the yellow cm2 battery out of the curve and tested it on my pearl, and all it did was show me a red solid light. So does the curve really require a CS 2 Blue battery?

Because what gets me confused is that, the blue CS 2 battery showed nothing on my curve when it came off of a 8320, but once i took the exact same curve ( 8310 ) out and put it in mine, it showed me a red solid light. Which it never showed on my curve before.

So I'm kind of confused here.
    Last edited by Mikey_D; 08-23-09 at 03:36 PM.
    08-23-09 03:30 PM
    Hopefully someone can help me.
    08-23-09 03:38 PM
    hmm anyone?
    08-24-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD