Hello all - this morning when I picked up my Curve from the charger, where it sits all night as usual, the screen was white and it read "voice dial, accessing address book" or something like that, with the hourglass blinking onscreen. So I did a battery pull and all seemed fine.

Later this morning I tried to email a bunch of pictures off my memory card like normal, and none of the emails went through. Now I notice that the Hourglass Of Death is still blinking on the screen.

Any suggestions? This is the first sign of trouble out of my Curve, and I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

Thanks everyone - have a great day.

eggman
    10-06-08 06:35 AM
    I am thinking your pictures are too large (memory wise) for your device memory. I had a similar experience with pic files and had to remove from the media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 06:44 AM
    How much free memory do you have? Do a ALT+Shift+H

You might need to free up some memory... if you do check Lesson 20 in the Blackberry 101 lessons... I added a link in my signature below to the Blackberry 101 main page.
    10-06-08 06:44 AM
    Another question to ask is did you upgrade recently?

If so you will have to reformat the card.
    But more then likely its the memory.
    10-06-08 06:50 AM
    Nope, I haven't upgraded - I'm not even on 4.5 yet - I know I need to do that.

Just nosed around a few other posts talking about the same problem (guess I shoulda done that before posting...my bad) and, taking a cue from them, deleted Facebook (tho the icon is still there...is that supposed to be?) and that seems to have solved the problem.

So far so good, I sent a couple of pics thru and they sailed thru fine. I will keep an eye on it, tho.

Thanks everyone -
    egg
    10-06-08 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD