I have a blackberry 8310. Its my second one, I kept my first one caseless in my pants pocket all the time and in a very short amount of time it developed dust under the screen. I bought a speck case for my new one and have kept it in that ever since. However the speck case is getting gunk trapped inside it and just looks disgusting after 2 months of use.

I'm contemplating ditching the case in favor of just keeping the phone in my pocket. Whats your recomendation?

PS: Don't recomend me getting a belt holster or anything of the sort. As an 18 year old male, I would get so much unneeded crap.
    01-28-09 07:31 PM
    Your pocket will risky for dust no matter what you do, you can lessen it a little by turning them inside out and knocking all the lint out but who knows really. How about adding a little sleeve like the one that came with the bb then pocketing it? Might help.....
    01-28-09 07:35 PM
    for every blackberry I have ever owned, i always rock a gel skin or nothing on the bb, and toss it in the pocket(gently) and have *knock on wood* never had a dust issue to date.

i find it very odd that so many people do.

but as tremortality has already stated, use the OEM case, or try to clean the pockets before putting the BB in there.
    01-28-09 07:38 PM
    What's wrong with a holster?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 08:17 PM
    Belt Holsters are considered extremey dorky by non computer geeks unless you have a a legit job. As a student its just unnessary and goofy.

My Big question really is to chance it and go no case or put up with the disgusting looking case
    01-28-09 08:23 PM
    Belt Holsters are considered extremey dorky by non computer geeks unless you have a a legit job. As a student its just unnessary and goofy.

My Big question really is to chance it and go no case or put up with the disgusting looking case
    i agree/ and disagree, if you dont tuck your shirt into your holster, it is ok, its the people who show it off like its a million dollars who are dorky.

You could always get the clip in style case, which would expose the bb, and people would understand a bit better!
    01-28-09 08:25 PM
    I keep it in my jacket inside pocket most of the year and then in my shirt pocket under my jacket at work. There's never been a good solution for me during the summer. A hip holster is just asking me to destroy the bb when I bump into something.

Never had any dust issues, i never put it in my ants pocket though.
    01-28-09 08:33 PM
    I use a holster but I also can care less what people think. Anyhow it is covered by my shirt and my phone is secure. Its a matter of my phone being at the ready with less risk of damage or lint vs what people think of me. I see some people who have it with a shirt tucked in and no matter what the age I will admit it looks a little out of place if not stilly but who cares?
    01-28-09 08:35 PM
    I have always kept my 8320 in my pants pocket. I am always scared it will fall out of my pocketbook. I have not had any problems so far... But I do blow it off (yea I know) and wipe it off as soon as I pull it out. The case that came with it, makes it feel way to bulky in my pocket, and I feared I would injure myself (LOL)! I guess it is just up to the BB fates!

01-28-09 08:42 PM

i really don't think so i have belt holster for almost every phone i've had and i'm a student, i just put my shirt over it. But who knows maybe its different in the us
    01-28-09 08:51 PM
    Baseball I am not a fan of holsters. I have an invisishield for my screen, just ordered the BSE for the rest of the phone. I don't know why I didn't get the whole thing. Use a silicon case for when I'm driving and put it on the dash. I hold my bb a lot in my hand or if I can a shirt pocket. I also keep 1 pocket junk free so it is only for my bb. Hit me up on bbm if you want.

01-28-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD