06-19-09 11:53 AM
    How does that charge? Does it have a cable that plugs into the usb port that you can't see in the photo?

I looked on my curve and do not see any openings where it could charge.

Thanks,
    Pat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:00 PM
    How does that charge? Does it have a cable that plugs into the usb port that you can't see in the photo?

I looked on my curve and do not see any openings where it could charge.

Thanks,
    Pat

There are two "gold" contacts on the back of your curve. The charging dock uses those to charge your battery.
    06-19-09 12:03 PM
    Hi there,
    Thanks for sharing the good price onthe desktop charger.
    I have the 2600mh extended battery on my curve 8330 and wonder if it'd fit to charge. Do you know?

Thanks,
    Tiv
    06-19-09 12:27 PM
    Hi there,
    Thanks for sharing the good price onthe desktop charger.
    I have the 2600mh extended battery on my curve 8330 and wonder if it'd fit to charge. Do you know?

Thanks,
    Tiv
    doubt it would isnt the whole battery bigger
    the back to the charger is higher so i dont think itll work
    06-19-09 01:05 PM
    I wonder for that price if it is for the silver "dock" piece only? Do you have to hook up your own charger? Becuase I bought the same one off of ebay and it came with a charging cord as well and it was 14.95 +free shipping. So I would be curious if this one had the charging cord as well. If it does then ill be pissed haha

06-19-09 01:11 PM
    I wonder for that price if it is for the silver "dock" piece only? Do you have to hook up your own charger? Becuase I bought the same one off of ebay and it came with a charging cord as well and it was 14.95 +free shipping. So I would be curious if this one had the charging cord as well. If it does then ill be pissed haha

actually they usually just sell the charger
    you just use your adapter and plug it in or use the one that connects to the usb on your comp
    06-19-09 01:14 PM
    That's what I figured. That's why the one I got was such a good deal. Well GOD I'm starting to think we're the only ones posting today. Haah

06-19-09 01:19 PM
    That's what I figured. That's why the one I got was such a good deal. Well GOD I'm starting to think we're the only ones posting today. Haah

i have like a billion of these cables lying around so i dont care about another cable or not

lmfaooooo
    im just waiting for lunch, thats why im posting
    06-19-09 01:25 PM
    so you guys enjoy this docking station?
    06-19-09 01:42 PM
    Yeah I suppose a docking station would be cool. Unfortunately, I "dock" in different spots each night, sometimes, the tv stand, sometimes the desk...wouldn't want to move it around all the time.
    06-19-09 01:44 PM
    Well I have 2 charging cables now and one is coming. With the dock and so I will leave the dock by the bed and have a charger in the living room and keep one more charger at work.

06-19-09 01:50 PM
    I have 2 also and love the **** out of em, just drop it in and it charges not to mention they look cool
    06-19-09 02:09 PM
    Can it charge with the oem silicone case?

06-19-09 02:20 PM
    Can it charge with the oem silicone case?

no it cannot
    06-19-09 02:20 PM
    Amazon has them for under 6 bucks shipped... Or 6.50 with free two day shipping if you have a prime account. Though you can't argue with 8 from newegg, at least you know you'll be taken care of if the thing doesn't work...
    06-19-09 02:25 PM
    The best part about using a charging dock is that it "saves" your USB port for the important stuff like backing up/restoring, and OS upgrading/loading.

The USB port is a known problem area and there's at least one thread every few days about a broken USB port.
    06-19-09 02:25 PM
    I see the 2 gold contacts on back. Thanks for clearing it up. $8 is good deal especialli with free shipping.

06-19-09 02:41 PM
    had one for a 8130 works great on a naked bb, but if you use silicone case it doesnt fit, i have one of those thin clear protective films over my bb they are like seran wrap, even that is too thick to use in that charging cradle.
    06-19-09 03:28 PM
    I just ordered one given how low the price is. I thought these were more pricey. Thanks for the heads up.
    06-19-09 03:52 PM
    Sure would be nice if they made this for the 8800

06-19-09 04:19 PM
    Sure would be nice if they made this for the 8800

There would be no point, as there are no charging contacts on the back of the 8800.
    06-19-09 04:25 PM
    Awesome deal! I am going to buy one now
    06-19-09 04:31 PM
    i wanna buy one but I keep a case on my phone to protect it so I doubt it will work
    06-19-09 04:53 PM
    i wanna buy one but I keep a case on my phone to protect it so I doubt it will work
    As mentioned, you would have to take the case off to use this charging dock.

06-19-09 04:56 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD