Nearly had a myocardial infarction at 19! I was running into a store when it was POURING rain... I could barely see 10 feet in front of my face, and my blackberry fell out of my bag and into a pile mulch without me noticing. I got back to my car about 10 minutes later to see my blackberry in its leather pouch laying on the ground right next to my car! It had been sitting in the pouring rain for 10 whole minutes... WATER DAMAGE MUCH? Well, needless to say, thank GOD I had the leather case because the only problem was that some water got underneath the screen, but soon enough it dried off and it worked perfectly as soon as I tested it when I got into the car... let's just say I was wigging out a bit... can't you tell haha this phone is huge to me
    Last edited by slfoote; 06-24-08 at 10:11 PM.
    06-24-08 10:09 PM
    That sucks , But at least your BB is ok
    06-24-08 10:17 PM
    Wow man!! Close call... I would freak out as well.

Seems like you got lucky Did you make sure to pull the battery when you found it so that you could give the Curve time to dry out fully. When electronics get water-logged they usually do not sustain any damage if the power source is removed.

The best thing to do with a wet Berry is:

1) Remove the battery
    2) Allow the device to dry (many suggest placing in a bag with dry rice... this wicks the moisture out of the phone)

Then cross your fingers and hope it works and did not sustain any long-term damage
    06-24-08 10:17 PM
    Im glad your berry is safe and sound. And you too. Driving in that rain must have been a headache.
    06-24-08 10:19 PM
    Rain... I would love to have rain. It was 109 today at my house.

Glad the Berry was ok!
    06-24-08 10:21 PM
    I would have been freakin' out. I'm glad your berry is o.k.
    06-24-08 10:21 PM
    Everything seems absolutely okie dokie with my phone... needless to say the rain was TERRIBLE trying to get home...at least the island makes it difficult to be far from anything, thus being able to get home in 5 minutes thanks guys
    06-24-08 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD