Okay, I switched out my Curve today and I've noticed that it's hard to scroll through menus. This is a fresh, brand new curve. Out the box, my previous curve worked great. Is it me? Or can this actually be an issue that is common in some Curves/Berry trackballs.

I don't think it's the sensitivity... Correct my if I'm wrong, the default is 70?

Help!

Thanks in advance,
    03-14-08 02:56 AM
    I too have noticed that different berries feel different. I've been thru multiple Pearls, I can tell when they are new and when the trackball's been replaced, just by the feel. Give it a week or two, if it doesn't feel better/more natural by then, go raise ****. All in all, it's nothing to worry about.
    03-14-08 03:06 AM
    The default is 70. I changed mine to 80 and I think it works better that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-08 03:08 AM
    I use 80 as well, I think that it works better with Opera Mini
    03-14-08 03:12 AM
    I changed to 80 and it scrolls faster, but it still feels a lot different and like I had to scroll harder. My red pearl is smooth, out the box.

It's just I was debating on whether I should have switched my Curve out as that was my feeling that I may get a Curve w/ a problem far worst than that issue I had on my previous one.

Also can scrolling be theme based? For example bPhone theme scroll better?
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 03-14-08 at 03:23 AM.
    03-14-08 03:20 AM
    The curve balls a little scratchy compared to the pearl I had, but still okay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-08 03:41 AM
    I also use 80. Try blowing on it, a piece of lint could have gotten underneath.
    03-14-08 06:39 AM
    And, to add, the scrolling is not theme based.
    03-14-08 06:43 AM
    Some trackballs are a little "catchy" out of the box. Work it a week or two, and it should be natural.
    I have come across one Curve that was smooth as butter, but I think it was relatively old. I actually prefer some little traction in my balls.
    03-14-08 08:15 AM
    I Also Use 80 Seems To Work Well, My Wife's Ball Is A Little Different Than Mine. In A Dark Room I Can Tell Which One Is Mine
    03-14-08 08:18 AM
    the pearl trackball is the smoothest of them all..
    i have personally used the curve and the 8800
    03-14-08 08:22 AM
    Not only is the ball harder to control, I noticed the OS being sluggish/laggy when I scroll. If I scroll all the way to the right it takes about 1-2 seconds longer than normal and this is right after resets. I took the metal piece off (from around the trackball) and blew on it and yielded the same results.

Thanks for the replies.
    03-14-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD