So i have played around with the browser setting and I have noticed that there are 2 options, the blackberry browser and the internet browser.

It doesnt seem like there is a difference between the 2, can anyone enlighten me? Thanks alot.
    09-05-07 11:05 AM
    The Blackberry Browsers is designed to access your MDS service via your BES server. For example the device will use the internet connection of your BES server so web traffic from your device isn't charged as you are using your own connection. Also via Blackberry Browser you are able to access internal websites or web based applications. The data passed from this browser is also encrypted via 3DES so you have a very secure connection back into your network.

The Internet Browser uses your service provider�s standard WAP internet connection. The data from this is normally charged as an additional cost. This browser won't allow you to access internal sites.

So Blackberry Browser is more secure and all traffic should be included for free as part of your monthly Blackberry subscription. Also if you have internet web filtering etc these settings would be reflected onto the device if configured correctly.
    09-05-07 12:18 PM
    Thanks alot.
    09-05-07 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD