I am thinking about getting the Curve as I am still within the 30 days of a newly acquired Pearl (2 weeks). I really think the larger screen will help, ya know the eyes start to go as you get older! I really do like the Pearl, so I guess my question is for those who had a Pearl and then got a Curve...was is a good choice? Anyone regret it?
    08-03-08 03:26 PM
    I got the Curve. The store was awesome as they took the Pearl back even with a chip from accidently dropping it. Yay!
    08-03-08 10:46 PM
    I had a pearl then got the curve. It was a great move I love the curve.
    08-03-08 10:56 PM
    I have both... I switch from my Pearl and my Curve... Some days I miss my Suretype and then other days I remember why I love the Curve (bigger screen) I just can't wait for the Thunder/Storm gets here!!! Then I can have the best of both worlds!!
    08-03-08 10:59 PM
    I have both... I switch from my Pearl and my Curve... Some days I miss my Suretype and then other days I remember why I love the Curve (bigger screen) I just can't wait for the Thunder/Storm gets here!!! Then I can have the best of both worlds!!

Same here! I thought I'd just keep the Pearl as a backup, but I've been switching between the both. Pearl & Curve are very good devices so you couldtn go wrong with either one.
    08-03-08 11:12 PM
    I had a Pearl then upgraded to the Curve and I'm a lot happier. I found myself in deep though regretting my decision to get the Pearl the whole time I had it so I had to do some swindling to get my Curve, but OH BABY it's worth it
    08-03-08 11:15 PM
    I have a pearl and I love it. I've had no problems with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 11:18 PM
    I switched from a pearl to the curve. I think it's much better! Once you have the FULL keyboard you won't know how you did without it. The full keyboard and larger screen is worth it. Downside, it's a bit larger to carry. I wasn't a fan of suretype on the pearl. I type faster without clicking on the words so I didn't miss that at all was glad to get rid of it LOL. Go for the Curve!
    08-03-08 11:29 PM
    I switched from the Pearl to a Curve and I like it a lot better. I like the larger screen. I got used to SureType and it was really fast, but there were times that I nearly lost my mind trying to type an odd word on SureType that it wouldn't accept. It would take me like ten minutes to type certain words so that they would be on my custom word list. It drove me crazy.

I love the full QWERTY keyboard on the Curve. I can type anything without any hassle.
    08-04-08 02:25 AM
    I upgraded too, I had always wished that I had gotten the curve from day one! It only took me about 7 months to upgrade.

What I like:
    -much bigger screen
    --also makes it easier for using pics for backgrounds
    -full keyboard
    -speel check (hehe)
    -much more advanced media and now playing.
    -headphone jack for headphones
    -louder speaker for music/ringtones
    -many more keyboard shortcuts
    -the BIGGEST advantage: WIFI!!!! (8320 only)
    --better service via UMA
    --free web browsing!

The only thing I miss:
    -suretype, but only for certain situations, like typing one handed.
    however, I am getting more used to the full and its much nicer for custom words!

My advice: GO FOR THE CURVE!!

08-04-08 08:11 AM
    I had the Pearl for two weeks and now I have the Curve. I couldn't be happier with it!!! You won't regret it. Go for it!

08-04-08 09:21 AM
    Just recently switched from a Pearl to a Curve and I love it...I loved my Pearl also, but I really needed more memory and I love the full keyboard and bigger screen, You cant go wrong with either, its more personal preference.
    08-04-08 10:50 AM
    I just made the switch from Pearl to Curve as well. I love the bigger screen and full keyboard, and the limited amount of memory was a drawback on the Pearl. I was never a fan of the SureType. I am glad I made the change. Hope you like yours.
    08-04-08 11:44 AM
    I got the Pearl when it first came out with TMo in October 2006. It was a great phone that I used until Feb 2008 when I got my Curve. The transition to the full size keyboard only took a few days, and now I type faster on that than I do in my laptop. The Curve is great, and I saved my Pearl for a backup.
    08-04-08 11:49 AM
    Just switched from the Pearl to the Curve this weekend and I love the Curve. Sort of miss my Pearl, but I kept it for backup.
    08-04-08 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD