I was messing around on my blackberry and listening to music, and all of a sudden, it just rebooted. Just like the battery had been pulled. This is the second time its happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 10:17 PM
    What's your free memory space?
    09-23-09 10:19 PM
    File Free is 40793836 bytes

09-23-09 10:26 PM
    OK so memory isn't the issue. By you listening to music you have a memory card installed. Remove the memory card and see if the random restarting stops. If it does then you got a corrupted memory card.
    09-23-09 10:33 PM
    Also what apps do you have installed?
    09-23-09 10:35 PM
    I'm guessing it's the memory card...

Good call J.

09-23-09 10:53 PM
    The apps I have installed are jmIRC TwitterBerry YouMail(voicemail or something) wordpress pandora blackberryappworld midpSSH googlesync and googlevoice. Also, when playing BrickBreaker lately, it lags and the ball skips and freaks out...

09-23-09 11:24 PM
    It might be your memory. Try taking out the memory card and see if the rebooting stops.

09-23-09 11:27 PM
    So if its the mem card, do I just backup everything and reformat it? And if its not the card, could it have something to do with when I shower I have the water really hot and I take the battery cover off so I can hear the music?

09-23-09 11:28 PM
    Yes that is correct if its the memory card that is causing this. And I don't think it will be from your shower. Usually when people have their BB in the bathroom while they shower it usually results in hardware issues like keys not working or the trackball not scrolling. Let's just hope that its your memory card that's doing all of this.
    09-23-09 11:36 PM
    You should not have the BB in the bathroom wihen you shower. The high humidity in the bathroom is bad for any electronic device.

09-23-09 11:36 PM
    You should not have the BB in the bathroom wihen you shower. The high humidity in the bathroom is bad for any electronic device.

Yeah good thing to point out. I learned my lesson the first time. Thank god for the hardware exchange.

09-23-09 11:43 PM
    xD I know its bad. I only shower for like 3 minutes so I doubt it harmed anything. And my bb hasn't freaked out again. The last time I did a battery pull was 2 days ago, and I pull it about every two days...so...and the last time other than today it freaked was about 3 days ago.

09-23-09 11:45 PM
    I think that maybe the software install I did maybe 5 minutes before 3 til ten made it reboot :/

09-23-09 11:48 PM
    I used to have that problem too but after I pulled out my 2g micro sd card and reformatted it I haven't had the problem since.

09-24-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD