I've had my Curve 8330 (Verizon) for about six months and have never received anything resembling a proper voicemail notification. About 4 out of every 5 times I receive a voicemail, I receive a garbage text message that reads something like:

900080002021 //BREW:0x0106185d:001N1f0935e4cd5920aa6c7c996a5ee53a ....

... and it goes on for four lines. Garbage.

Additionally, when I go to retrieve the message from my voicemail, I receive 1-2 similar texts after I disconnect the call.

My access number is correct, voicemail notification is enable, and I've recently upgraded my operating system and this did not change anything.

I thought I'd try here before I call Verizon to try to resolve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    12-07-09 10:43 AM
    on your previous phone, did you have any kind of email acounts setup on it? I got the same messages when I switched to my curve. Turns out I never deactivated the sprint email app on the old phone. I had to reactivate the old phone and deactivate the sprint email app.

Hope this helps.
    12-07-09 11:03 AM
    My previous phone was an enV2. I had an email app, but it didn't have auto delivery or any notifications. I had to manually login to retrieve email.
    12-07-09 11:18 AM
    You email was added to the app tho. You would have to delete your email account from the app. If you still have the phone, that's your best bet from my experience.
    12-07-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD