Hi, my blackberry curve 8330 came with a 1gig sd card, and it has worked fine, holding my music and pictures until recently. I went to play my music and it showed all of it, when i clicked on a song to play it, all of my music disappeared and from then on my phone thought it didn't have a media card in it.

I've tried taking the card out, putting it back in, etc. but nothing will work, I can't get it to recognize the card. What should I do?
    06-22-09 07:23 PM
    Ok, I just took it out and put it back in and for some reason it is detected now.

Why would this happen? It was inserted correctly.
    06-22-09 07:30 PM
    Probably caused an error in the electronics somehow. Pulling the card probably reset the fault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 07:48 PM
    Well if its not reading it, then format the card.
    That usually helps.
    06-22-09 08:20 PM
    That has happened to me before. Just do a battery pull, or a QuickPull reset if you have that, next time. The reset solved the problem for me a couple of times now.

06-22-09 09:04 PM
    How have you made out with your media card since June? I am having the same issue with mine. It worked perfectly, then stopped reading it. The card works perfectly in other Curves and in my laptop but just not in my Curve so I know it's not the card's fault. I have tried pulling and re-inserting the card, wiping and reloading the entire unit, bending the contacts out for the card, re-formatting the card..... nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Jeff
    04-21-10 12:31 AM
    How have you made out with your media card since June? I am having the same issue with mine. It worked perfectly, then stopped reading it. The card works perfectly in other Curves and in my laptop but just not in my Curve so I know it's not the card's fault. I have tried pulling and re-inserting the card, wiping and reloading the entire unit, bending the contacts out for the card, re-formatting the card..... nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Jeff
    04-21-10 12:32 AM
    for card errors this is what I do
    1) on the device go options>media card>remove card (don't just pull it out)
    2) use a PC and a card reader to copy files onto HD
    3) format card using PC
    4) insert card back into Blackberry (it should read it right away, if not go to options>media card>insert card)
    5) format card using your blackberry (options>media card>format card)
    6) use USB cable to drag n drop your files back onto the Berry.

Seems more complicated to read then it is to do, and I do it every month or 2 just to keep things fresh
    04-21-10 07:22 AM
    I followed all the steps that the above user published without success.
    Does anyone else have any ideas. I don't want to replace my 8330 if I can avoid it.
    08-02-10 08:32 AM
    Try using the Repair option in the same menu. It will look for errors, then rescan them all. It may take several minute depending on how huge the library is.
    Also try the remove or insert option.
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-02-10 at 11:19 PM.
    08-02-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD