Lately I've been having strange issues with my Blackberry Curve 8330 freezing for about 5 - 10 seconds while replying to texts, and it rebooted on me the other night while trying to reply (had to pull battery). Last night, I dropped my phone on the carpet and it refused to turn on...

Problem: Black screen, occasional flashing red light, a few times I saw a very brief nano second white screen flash.

After reading other forum posts I've discovered my phone is in a reboot loop as Windows keeps making the device connection sound.

Things tried:

1) loader /resettofactory
    - console pops up then disappears.

2) JL_Cmder: javaloader -u wipe
    - Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80040001)
    Error: unable to open port

3) BBSAK 1.7
    - Since it seems to use JL_Cmder, same issue, doesn't connect to device.

4) Blackberry Desktop Manager v5.0.1
    - Tried a restore as soon as USB:Unknown option appeared, that just went back to the main screen.

5) apploader/loader /nojvm
    - "Load JVM and system software" (Windows doesn't make connect sound)
    - "Erasing applications" goes through...
    - "Loading system software" goes through...
    - "Wait for device initialization" - hear the Windows connect sound over and over, eventually loader times out and reports that it's unable to connect to the device.

Is this a recoverable situation or did my carpet statically shock my Blackberry into not working? I'm not covered under warranty so I'm hoping this can be fixed without taking it in... thanks in advance!
    05-28-10 12:08 PM
    Well, somehow during the act of doing the above or something I didn't write about, I managed to get it to 507. After that, I was able to install a downgraded OS and am working my way up...

So, disregard and thanks to those who at least read my post.
    05-28-10 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD