Hey everyone,
    I've had no problems with my phone up untill about five minutes ago. I was browsing the forums and got up and went into the other room for about five minutes. When I came back my phone was shut off and wouldn't turn on. The battery isn't dead because it was plugged into the charger. I'm stumped why this would happen.
    The only thing I can think of would be the 2gb sandisk memory card that I bought today but I highly doubt this would have an impact on my phone.Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:37 PM
    Did you format the card? That's one heckuva coincidence either way.
    07-21-09 08:41 PM
    Yeah it was the first thing I did.

I just took the battery cover off and saw 4 red X's on the white indicator strip on the bottom of my battery. Does this mean it got wet? Its.been very damp here and rainy all day. I keep the phone in a body glove hard case out of the elements so this is a very slim chance. I'm stumped

07-21-09 08:59 PM
    The X's are supposed to be there, no worries on that one. Not saying it couldn't have sustained some moisture issues but man it's wierd that it's happening in conjunction with the card install BUT I wouldn't think it'd cause a full blown outage that can't be reversed. Have you got it to turn back on yet?

Edit: Guessing you have since your posts were from the wap site. If it doesn't do it again, I'd almost chalk it up as a fluke. If it persists, I'd try removing the card and see if that stop it.
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 07-21-09 at 09:29 PM.
    07-21-09 09:26 PM
    its happened probably five times in the past hour. The phone will either freeze and lock up in which case ill pull the battery and leave it out for about 5 minutes. To no avail.

The other scenario is ill let the phone sit inactive for a couple minutes and it will just die for no reason. The phone is fully charged now too.

07-21-09 10:03 PM
    Did u try pulling out the card to see if that helps? If that doesn't do it, almost seems like either a defective battery or the contacts are dirty or compromised in some way. Can't think of anything else. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

07-21-09 10:30 PM
    I second taking the memory card out to see if the rebooting stops. If it does, format the card again.

If that doesn't work, take the card back as it's probably defective.

07-21-09 10:34 PM
    my curve would randomly reboot for no apparent reason...realized it was the battery and bought a new one..no more problems
    07-22-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD