I have a Curve 8330 through Sprint, and I have a 4GB Kingston MicroSD card that I've been using for a few weeks since I got both in the mail. I have hooked my Curve up to my Macbook Pro a couple times to see what would happen and to charge it. Yesterday I hooked the Curve up to a spare Windows machine I have. It asked me something about the memory card and I said "No" to the question.

Later that day and ever since then, whenever I go record video, it says "To record a video, insert a formatted memory card". So I take my memory card out, put it into an SD adapter and put it into a spare Dell notebook, backup all of my stuff and format the MicroSD card, replace my data and put it back into my phone, and I get the same error.

I've done this a few times, and even tried a new SD adapter. Same thing. So now I've put in an old 1GB SanDisk MicroSD card into my Curve, after formatting it, and I get the same error, saying to insert a formatted card.

I conclude it's not my card, it has to be my Curve. Does anyone have any advice or words of wisedom or something I could try or test? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    10-03-08 08:43 PM
    Unless I'm mis-reading your post, you're formatting the cards in a pc, then putting them in the curve. Why not format the card in your curve? That will tell you if there's a problem with the curve, and also solve the problem if the pc is putting the wrong format on the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 01:41 PM
    I have that same problem (sort of) I have an 8330 and my card worked fine for months. But one day, looking at my pics I noticed the option for pics on my card were gone. After trying numerous times to figure it out on my BB as well as my PC, I got so frustrated that I formatted the card. But I got the same message saying FORMAT FAILED. BTW, I have a SanDisk 2GB Micro SD. I don't see any other post like this up already. Any advice?
    11-01-08 10:58 AM
    I have the 8330, and my media card worked fine until I put it into my computer to transfer some things. Now every time it is in the phone when it starts up, it freezes. Any ideas?
    06-23-09 12:38 PM
    Same here, 4 gig sandisk, transferred some files to it, got an error message about a corrupt file, now get an error message about a bad sector on the card. I tried reformatting, tried a file recovery program, all to no avail. I've learned to backup both my BB and the card... Oh well, good thing Wal-mart has such a liberal return policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD