my new vzw 8330 is starting to make a creeking noise a little when the black part on the side of the housing below the camera button is pressed... its a little irritating and its clicking even more now that im aware of it.. is there a way to tighten that up.. T6/T4 screws? any input is appreciated
    06-09-08 02:31 PM
    Hmm... Good question. I have the same phone and haven't experienced this problem. There aren't any screws that I'm aware of. I believe the housing just kinda snaps into place. Have you tried just applying pressure to the housing to try to get it back to the way it should be?
    06-09-08 03:07 PM
    i did but im unsure of what way to push or snap it together... hopefully someone has some idea
    06-09-08 03:42 PM
    What way to push or snap it together? Just force (not too hard, mind you...) the sides of the casing in toward the phone.
    06-09-08 03:48 PM
    ya that doesn't sound good.
    06-09-08 03:52 PM
    I meant to say also.. (sorry not really on my game today!)

If you try snapping the housing back in place and it doesn't want to go, I would honestly take the phone back to the store. If they can't fix it, I can pretty much guarantee they'll replace it. Verizon is pretty darned good about that kinda stuff.
    06-09-08 03:54 PM
    well i wasnt sure pushing it in... or pushing the top and bottom together. i just didnt want to make it worse.
    06-09-08 03:55 PM
    I understand what ya mean... If you are pushing it back to its original placement, though, you know.. how it belongs... I do not believe that it will make it worse. Just don't put it in a vice or anything.
    06-09-08 03:57 PM
    That noise is the cheap plastic housing not being flush with the sides, causing the rubbing together of the frame. If you do find screws and try to tighten, you will most likely crack the frame, or void the warranty if the screws appear to have been tampered with.
    06-09-08 03:58 PM
    yeah.. its not a major thing visually u cannot see it just feel it
    06-09-08 04:02 PM
    mine does the same thing. I think it has something to do with that area to the sides and below the keyboard being hollow underneath, that any pressure to that area will give a little when pressed on enough.
    06-09-08 04:03 PM
    mine does the same thing. I think it has something to do with that area to the sides and below the keyboard being hollow underneath, that any pressure to that area will give a little when pressed on enough.
    That is exactly what it is... That's why I recommended just trying to push the housing back together to see if it will just snap in place... My Pearl used to do that and I just pushed on it until it snapped back together, and voila. No more creeking!
    06-09-08 04:05 PM
    If it really bothers you take it back and have it swapped out. Otherwise there isnt much you can do, unfortunately.
    06-09-08 04:16 PM
    yeah no go on the push to fix.. still the same.. o wells
    06-09-08 04:17 PM
    Hmm sorry to hear that... Then your housing is definitely faulty. Like I said... .take it to the store and make them replace it for ya. Good luck.
    06-09-08 04:35 PM
    The first Verizon Curve I got did the same thing on the left side. If you pushed on the rubber side to the left of the keyboard it would creak a little. As you said its nothing visual, just really annoying especially considering it's a $500+ retail phone.

I had other issues w/ my first curve and exchange it for another. So far so good with this one but I'm worried with a little use it may start to happen again.
    06-09-08 04:48 PM
    Kinetic - What other issues have you had with your Curve? I just got mine on Saturday and I'm just curious...
    06-09-08 04:54 PM
    Kinetic - What other issues have you had with your Curve? I just got mine on Saturday and I'm just curious...
    I'm actually on my third...

The first one's ear piece buzzed real bad if the volume was half way or above. The trackball also was not smooth at all, not sure if it was defective.

The second's ear piece also buzzed but not nearly as bad. The second is the one that had the loose housing on the left that creaked.

The third is good so far....but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    06-09-08 05:05 PM
    But I had the benefit of being employed @ RIM at the time so I could find out what caused this + how to fix it. The parts of your device just need to "seat" together, ajust to each other. Simply squeeze the side grips together (accross the phone),where it is noisy, a few times, it might take a bit , maybe a little more , but this massaging will help all the parts come together and silence the squeeks! Not too rough now, hope this helps . . . Mikeye
    06-09-08 09:10 PM
    But I had the benefit of being employed @ RIM at the time so I could find out what caused this + how to fix it. The parts of your device just need to "seat" together, ajust to each other. Simply squeeze the side grips together (accross the phone),where it is noisy, a few times, it might take a bit , maybe a little more , but this massaging will help all the parts come together and silence the squeeks! Not too rough now, hope this helps . . . Mikeye
    tried it all didnt really work thanks tho..
    06-10-08 12:32 PM
    Hey...that actually worked! The right side of my 8310 was really creaky, and squeezing it helped a lot. The creaking is almost completely gone now. Hopefully, it will stay gone. Thanks!
    06-18-08 10:15 PM
    All of my blackberries have done this. This is a trick I tried, that worked for me. I got tired of trying to return the devices...

Ive used waxed dental floss, to slide into the space between the front and back of the device.

Use your fingernail to remove the bottom antenna cover. I believe the easiest way is from the back, after the battery cover is off.

Take the thread, or floss, whichever you choose, using your thumb to hold it in place on one side, wrap it into the seam. Use a little tension to make sure its all the way in.. Wrap it around the phone, all the way around, until you meet at the bottom of the phone again. Tie it in a tight knot. Snip the excess, and replace the battery cover.

Muah! no more ******** squeaks.
    06-18-08 11:30 PM
    MIne does that went to the store and they told me that mine looked alot better then most people's. I looked at a few in the store and they were all like that. I think VZ just asks for the crappier versions. My opion of course
    06-19-08 12:33 AM
    Should've made it out of precision-machined titanium...
    06-19-08 11:25 AM
    MIne does that went to the store and they told me that mine looked alot better then most people's. I looked at a few in the store and they were all like that. I think VZ just asks for the crappier versions. My opion of course
    LOL! ... Can we have the crappiest version of the phone possible?
    06-19-08 12:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD