I recently purchased my phone and had this problem sporatically the first couple days. Now it looks like I can't figure it out:

When I place or receive a call, the person on the other end can hear me just fine while it seems like my earpiece is just dead. I had been able to change from the vibrate profile and back to normal and make it work but now I can't hear anything on any of the profiles....

Thoughts?
    05-20-08 02:46 PM
    I had the same thing happen with me and all i did was pull the battery out and let it set for a while put it back in and now im golden. try it and see what happens
    05-20-08 02:55 PM
    this has been happening a lot with me, I'm now on my 3rd curve because of it. Pulling the battery 3-8 times a day does not sit well with me.

There is another post on here, where someone stated that Verizon was aware of the issue and working toward a solution, and that it has to do with getting MMS messages.

However, I haven't received any MMS messages so not sure why mine keep doing it
    05-20-08 02:59 PM
    I removed the battery and replaced it and now it works.

I agree that I shouldn't have to do that just to talk on my phone
    05-20-08 04:19 PM
    i am now on my 4th curve because of this problem.

does anyone have any resolution to get this taken care of? So annoying.
    06-24-08 03:20 PM
    For pearl users go back to version .60... .97 is bad.... and causes problems....

for curve users like my self... check out the other thread regarding this... It has to do with the QCP files and MMS.....

VZW and RIM have taken no action as of yet.....
    06-24-08 03:23 PM
    I'm on my second curve for the same reason. Just yesterday I had to remove the battery to be able to hear. I think this one will be going back too. First post and hello fellow crackberry users.
    08-07-08 09:48 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There is no point in exchanging phones, the problem is a well known bug in the device OS.

It occures when certain types of audio files are interrupted. The speaker is not released correctly.

The work around is to activate Voice Activated Dialing. That will force the speaker free, allowing you to continue your call.

The culprit is non-BlackBerry audio file. Prevent the problem from occurring by letting audio clip play to the end.
    08-07-08 09:53 AM
    Well said stoner!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 11:47 AM
    Never would hv thought to use vad to reset the speaker so it would work. Makes it a lot quicker than how I was fixing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 01:06 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There is no point in exchanging phones, the problem is a well known bug in the device OS.

It occures when certain types of audio files are interrupted. The speaker is not released correctly.

The work around is to activate Voice Activated Dialing. That will force the speaker free, allowing you to continue your call.

The culprit is non-BlackBerry audio file. Prevent the problem from occurring by letting audio clip play to the end.

You are so correct Sir
    08-07-08 01:09 PM
    it has not happen to me...my curve has bin workin for me alot
    08-07-08 01:28 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

just wondering how i would go about doing this quick fix. i have several issues aday, and pulling the batery out is very time consuming when you have to do it 10 times. Please advise
    12-12-08 02:43 PM
    Are you running version 4.5 of the phone OS? Reportedly, this is a more permanent fix.
    12-12-08 05:26 PM
    Are you running version 4.5 of the phone OS? Reportedly, this is a more permanent fix.
    Im unsure. forgive me for being nieve, but how do i check.

I also notice an issue with the contacts/calender. After redoing all my contacts and adding birthdays, i do not get notifications on the actual day. however if i reset the battery as per the previously stated issue, once it turns back on i get a notification is so and so's bday. (assuming there is a bday on that day)
    12-17-08 03:54 PM
    If you are using the "Today" style theme, there is known issues with this theme and OS 4.5
    12-17-08 04:10 PM
    im using the default verizon theme, not the today theme.
    12-18-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD