at some point yesterday i switched profiles from Normal to Quiet because i had a friend the kept BBmesseaging me while i was at work. i have swithed it back to the normal (i tried all profiles in fact) and everything is muted... ringers, alerts, notifications, all silenced.
    its not the mute button up top either... that just mutes the mic or puts it in standby mode. anybody know whats going on? and how to fix it?
    thanx in advance!
    03-31-09 01:55 PM
    Hey jake-did ya maybe try doin a batt pull to see if that straightens the prob out-give that a shot-hopefully that will resolve it for ya! Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 02:02 PM
    If you are not hearing your BBM messages make sure you are not on unavavailable, if you are you wont hear a thing - just the LED will flash. Battery pull is a good thing here too as shelli suggested, that should correct the issue with your profiles being out of whack.
    03-31-09 02:06 PM
    No battery has nothing to do with this. I would suggest to go to your profile, go all the way down where you will see ADVANCE. Once you click there, you can select the all your profile options.

Good luck.. if you cant figure it out hit me back up.
    03-31-09 02:10 PM
    No battery has nothing to do with this. I would suggest to go to your profile, go all the way down where you will see ADVANCE. Once you click there, you can select the all your profile options.

Good luck.. if you cant figure it out hit me back up.
    The OP stated he checked all the profiles, selected a few and it still will not alert. The battery pull actually might have everything to do with this. On occasion things will get hung up (glitch) and the resolution is usually a battery pull. I have had this happen to me several times when switching profiles. I go to silent at night then loud in the daytime only to on occasion see messages with no sounds (all setting stayed the same) but the BB did not pick up the fact I went back to loud - yanked the battery, issue was resolved.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-31-09 at 02:21 PM.
    03-31-09 02:15 PM
    its weird- no sounds work, no ringtones, email alerts, notifications- nothing. advance options under profiles, everthing is set correct. whats weird is i just played a video from my media card and there is sound. so it sounds like a setting somewhere...

resetting battery now....
    03-31-09 02:26 PM
    The OP stated he checked all the profiles, selected a few and it still will not alert. The battery pull actually might have everything to do with this. On occasion things will get hung up (glitch) and the resolution is usually a battery pull. I have had this happen to me several times when switching profiles. I go to silent at night then loud in the daytime only to on occasion see messages with no sounds (all setting stayed the same) but the BB did not pick up the fact I went back to loud - yanked the battery, issue was resolved.
    TREMORTAILTY --- > YOU DA MAN!!!!! took the battery out, put it back in and its good to go. all sounds are working again!!
    Thanks bro, just saved me waiting in line and taking a number at verizon like i'm ordering a pound of roast beef!!!
    03-31-09 02:39 PM
    TREMORTAILTY --- > YOU DA MAN!!!!! took the battery out, put it back in and its good to go. all sounds are working again!!
    Thanks bro, just saved me waiting in line and taking a number at verizon like i'm ordering a pound of roast beef!!!
    Aww thanks but actually ItsJustShelli is the woMAN - good call Shelli

Glad you got it sorted out. Battery pulls are wonderful when things like this (glitches) happen.........
    03-31-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD