I just got my VZW Curve yesterday and the first thing I did was set up my AOL e-mail account. I kept checking to see if I had gotten any messages but all it said was * No Messages * so then I went onto AOL on my laptop and checked my account and I had over 20 unread messages from varied times throughout the day. Did I do something wrong during the setup process or is it a defect??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    05-25-08 07:55 PM
    Did you set it through Verizons BIS service? You might need to resend the service books to your BB.
    05-25-08 11:48 PM
    Sometimes the online email services take time before bis can start pushing the emails to your phone. I know hotmail is bad for that so maybe aol is too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 12:38 AM
    Pull your battery...

If after that still no email on your device...delete and readd your account in the BIS...AOL was doing work a few days ago and you may be seeing some residual effects from it..aside from that AOL should integrate fine..the example of hotmail is different as hotmail does NOT have full on support, although it was announced a week or two ago that Microshaft was gonna start offering it.

I fall else fails at this point..contact VZW as they have provisioning tools customers can't access from home ..IE...BIS Admin Tool, RIM Relay access.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 05-26-08 at 12:44 AM.
    05-26-08 12:42 AM
    What exactly is a service book and how would I go about accessing them let alone re-sending them?

And what is a BIS service??

I appreciate all of your help but it would benefit me if I actually understood what you were saying!!! :]]
    05-26-08 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD