My Curve 8330 doesn't make an audible ring anymore. The phone shows the incoming call, you can talk and hear just fine, but it doesn't ring.

Also, maybe related, I never noticed it before, but the speaker icon in the upper-right of the screen has a red outline.

Did I mute something by accident?
    10-09-09 05:02 PM
    Go to Profiles, and change it to normal
    10-09-09 05:09 PM
    OK - tried changing it to normal, still no ring. Tried vibrate, and it vibrates.

Changing it to loud, still no sound.

The phone does make the tone when it receives an IM, just not when receiving calls.

I tried changing ring tones too, no luck, and also when changing ring tones it used to play a quick sample of the tone but doesn't now.

Also removed the battery, still no luck.
    10-09-09 05:25 PM
    Maybe something is wrong with your media player?
    10-09-09 05:27 PM
    try a battery pull.. device on, remove the batery for 15 secs, replace.
    10-09-09 05:36 PM
    Once you have your sound profile set to normal, reselect your profiles, select advanced, select normal, select phone and verify that you have your out of holster set to tone, that you have the aproprate ring tone set and that you do not have the volume set to mute.
    10-09-09 05:45 PM
    We had pulled the battery before, but did it again and that did the trick!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    10-09-09 09:00 PM
    If you have your ringtones or sounds on an SDcard, problems like the one you described will/may occur because when you plug the BB into a USB cable, the BB goes into mas storage mode. As you've probably seen, in this mode, the SDcard becomes inaccessible to the BB, but appears on your computer as a drive letter.

In my case, if any event is triggered that needs a sound file from the SDcard while the BB is plugged into my USB cable, the BB gets confused. Usually a default sound will be heard, but, in rare cases, the system gets confused and even after you unplug the USB cable, the sound doesn't restore until after a full battery pull.

Fortunately it's not too frequent. Only bad thing is when my morning alarm (using Myalrm) is affected.
    10-17-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD