Sorry I don't have a more specific thread title, but I don't really know what to call this problem.

I have a Curve 8330 on the Bell Mobility Network. Usually I have no signal issues whatsoever, but recently my Curve has started acting strange. Randomly (as in, I can't see a reason) I will lose the data connection. the little 1XEV icon becomes 1X and I receive no data (email/browser) at all. I've tried cycling the connections on and off at this point and get nothing. Failing everything else I perform a full power off, wait about 30 seconds and then power on. This does not fix the problem directly (the signal strength meter goes away entirely and i'm left with a little 'x' like I've got the radio off) but about 30 seconds to a minute after I do this, the poor little crackberry will crash. screen goes blank and the red LED lights for about 10 seconds then restarts again at which point I have full data and voice connection and everything is fine.

in short: "WTF"

A couple of notes: firstly, My wife also has the same model of phone on the same network, and can be surfing the entire time with no problems. The only differences I can see are in the OS version.

Currently:
    version 4.5.0.127 (Platform 3.4.0.20)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?
    06-10-09 09:38 PM
    To properly reset your BB, don't just turn it off then on. You have to take the battery out with the power still on, wait 30 seconds, then reinstall the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 10:46 PM
    Ok, thanks for the tip.

Battery has been pulled, we'll see if this clears it up.
    06-10-09 10:54 PM
    I have a similar problem as well. I have the 8330 on Verizon. My Curve stays on 1X and won't stay on 1XEV for more than 5 seconds before switching back to 1X. At first I thought it was where I was, but my wife has the same phone in pink on VZW and she gets 1XEV when I'm on 1X (she has the .77 OS). I don't know if mine started before I upgraded my OS, but I started noticing it afterwards. I initially upgraded from .77 to .160. After reading about all the issues w/ .160, I upgraded to the .160/.131 hybrid, then to the 5.0/.160/.131 hybrid. After the upgrades I noticed that I was always in 1X, even out in the open. So I wiped my BB with JL Cmder and installed .131 since I read it was the best non-hybrid. I was still not getting 1XEV. I then wiped again and re-installed the original .77, but my phone still stays on 1X. I've pulled the battery for 30 sec., turned the mobile network connection off/on then alt-L shift-del, *228 option 1 and 2, *22899, all to no avail. All I can think of is that I've dropped my phone a lot more than my wife has and that it's damaged the antenna. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    07-10-09 02:26 PM
    Howie, if your BB is less than 12 mos. old, take it in for a warranty exchange. Just put .77 back on it first.
    07-10-09 02:36 PM
    I have a 8320 curve that just stopped receiving emails altogether last week. I have checked all settings, pulled battery and simm card, nothing seems to help. Anyone have an idea?
    07-10-09 02:43 PM
    Howie, if your BB is less than 12 mos. old, take it in for a warranty exchange. Just put .77 back on it first.
    Thanks xliderider. I have had it for under a year, but is it okay to exchange the phone even though I have a crack in the molding around the volume buttons? I do have the Assurion thingy and I can always use that, but if I don't have to pay the deductible, I'd rather not. Thanks again.
    07-10-09 03:17 PM
    Mine wasn't even going to 1X just 1xev, not 1XEV. No data services, tried everything I could think of and google. Finally called my carrier (vzw) on the phone for an hour with no fix. They said they would follow up with the issue and gave me a discount on the data package. 4 days later at about 1:30am I get 120 emails that I hadn't been getting pushed to my phone and everything has been working fine since. So, a call to your carrier should help fix the issue.

P.S. Everthing was over the phone, they never asked me to bring it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just called VZW and they weren't able to figure out the issue. It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't drain my battery as much as it does. I've had it off the charger since about 8am. I haven't made a call on it yet or done anything else on it except the troubleshooting the customer service rep told me to do and it's about 3pm and I only have 70% battery left. I still can get my emails and get online (although very slow). The rep said to give it a week and see what happens before I bring it in. We'll see what happens.
    07-10-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD