Hi Folks,

Just discovered this forum and I'm hoping you may be able to help solve an issue I'm having. I'm getting an error message when I try to load certain web pages from my browser (the error only seems to be coming up on certain pages though, and not others). For instance, when I try to go to the Verizon wireless website, the browswer shows the standard "requesting..." on the bottom status bar, followed by "processing style sheet" and then "running script". Then, the browser changes to a "Blackberry" logo screen with a rotating hourglass, and shortly afterwards, the error message "A problem occurred while trying to render the page." When I click OK, the screen remains showing the large Blackberry logo, but no web page appears, and nothing else happens. I have to close out of the browser afterwards.

Any guesses what's happening here? My browser configuration settings only have "Support JavaScript", "Terminate Slow Running Scripts", "Support HTML Tables" and "Support Style Sheets" selected.

Like I said, other websites load perfectly with no problems or errors. Just seems strange that I'd get this error message only on certain websites.

Thanks for your help!
    05-16-08 06:57 AM
    Actually, that happens with quite a few web sites.

The Brower does a good job of ignoring Flash content, but does trip up on some other content.
    05-16-08 09:39 AM
    Actually, that happens with quite a few web sites.

The Brower does a good job of ignoring Flash content, but does trip up on some other content.
    So this is something I should expect will continue to happen when loading certain websites? Are there any browser settings I can change to make it more stable? It's weird, because some pages which I successfully loaded a few days ago are now coming up with this error. I called Verizon yesterday and they told me they were having some network issues in the Boston area which may affect my browser's ability to connect to the Internet, but I don't think that's the cause of the page rendering issues I'm now experiencing.

Thanks for the insight though. Frustrating that I am limited in my web browsing, especially since my company has disabled the SMS text messaging capabilities on my 8330 and so the only way I can "send" text messages is through web-based text messaging like Verizon's vText (which is one of the sites that I cannot get to load on my browser!)
    05-16-08 09:49 AM
    Have you tried the Opera Mini browser? I use the native BB browser and Opera Mini on my Curve, usually one of them works for about any site.
    05-16-08 10:32 AM
    No, I haven't tried the Opera mini browser yet. My company also disabled the ability to download anything to my Blackberry (sucks, I know). I am going to try to set up my Desktop Manager so that I could download Opera to my PC and then install it via the USB connection. Thanks for the suggestion!
    05-16-08 11:07 AM
    My company also disabled the ability to download anything to my Blackberry ...
    Proceed with caution. If you have a BES policy file that imposes restrictions, you could be risking termination.

You can use Applications Loader to maintain the device. If there are restrictions, you will know it when it trys to install the software. Fortunatly, they do provide a free trial period for evaluation.

More and more sites are going mobile friendly and you may have a carrier issue going on too.
    05-16-08 11:43 AM
    when i install opera it says cant connect to the internet,
    what am i doing wrong?
    05-17-08 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD