I purchased a new curve 8320 on ebay and unlocked it via a remote unlock code. I can't seem to get the wifi working - it was working before but I wiped everything because the phone was crashing after I installed something (which I think is irrelevant) My next question is, if Rogers is my service provider, is there any way to do wifi calling? (I live in Canada) First of though, I can't even get my wifi working at the moment.

Thanks for any help

Steve
    01-25-08 07:00 PM
    I am a soon to be crackberry head, just waiting for my 8320 in the mail. I was wondering the same thing. Kinda wantto know before it gets here.
    Thanks.
    02-03-08 09:59 PM
    Hi, I have the 8320 and am on Rogers, and have no problem connecting to wifi (which is a godsend since Roger's data prices are so high) but I don't believe we can make calls over it. I'm sure someone who is a little more tech savvy can explain why, but I think the short of it is that Rogers does not offer the service. When you say you can't connect, what exactly is the error, can you not find the networks? Or are you just unable to connect to them?
    02-03-08 11:38 PM
    I haven't had any problems so far with my 8320 on the rogers network, not to sure what it could be, but ill give a few posibilities;

-goto options - under mobile network, is your option set to wi-fi prefered or mobile-network prefered? Either will work. I found when I had it on 'only' my wi-fi would never work

-did your router settings somehow get changed / blackberry wireless settings get changed? If not, try deleting and re-config your routers settings on the BB.

Those are the two most common problems that I first had when I got my phone trying to get wi-fi to work.

Also you won't be able to do wi-fi calling, I believe that's only an option for the us carriers service when you get UMA or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD