I'm a new member of Crackberry.com and I have a few questions.

First, I'm a fairly long time Blackberry user; I had a 7105 and then an 8700. Then I had an HTC Touch, an iPhone 3G, and now I have a Curve 8320 (with a Pearl 8100 and my 8700 sitting in my closet as backups, heh.) My Curve is a T-Mobile branded device that's been unlocked and my provider is AT&T.

Even though I'm an IT guy by profession and support an in-house BES server, I've never been a Blackberry "power user"; it's always been a "create the account on the BES server, enterprise activate the phone, use it to text, e-mail, and talk" kinda thing. My Curve is not on the BES server, however; it's my personal phone on my personal account. I bring up the BES server only to give you some idea of my capabilities as I go further into my questions.

While I run Windows in a VM, OS X on Mac is my primary operating system. I sync my Blackberry with the native OS X apps using RIM's PocketMac software.

So, here go the questions: my Curve is running OS v4.2.2.180. What is the newest OS that the Curve 8320 will support? Normally I see notifications that the OS upgrades can be obtained through a provider; with my T-Mobile branded Curve on AT&T, would I get the update through T-Mobile or AT&T? Or through RIM?

Finally, can I upgrade the device's OS using RIM's PocketMac software? Or will I have to use the Windows software?

Thanks in advance!
    Tim.
    05-22-09 10:40 AM
    Use tmos OS upgrade you can find it on their website and you have to use the windozzzze software.
    05-22-09 10:42 AM
    in the sticky should be the latest version of 4.5 and you can only upgrade in windows
    05-22-09 10:44 AM
    05-22-09 10:49 AM
    Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Does anyone know if the upgrade should work via Windows on a Parallels VM?
    05-22-09 10:52 AM
    Yes IamTim it will work on your Mac through Windows on Parallels VM!
    05-22-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD