When below 80% battery and on a call. Get BSD (Black Screen of Death) and have to pull the battery to restart it. It is fine until I try to make a call again and it dies within a minute or two. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Regards,

netsec_ct
    02-13-09 09:38 PM
    Nope, haven't seen that. Have you installed any new apps lately? Sometimes that will cause problems if there are any bugs. If that's not the case and no one else can fix your problem you might want to backup everything and re-install the OS since you've obviously done a couple battery pulls.
    02-13-09 09:40 PM
    No new Apps ..... The only thing I upgraded recently was to upgrade the BB software to v4.5.0.81 however that was nearly 2 months ago. This problem just started in the last 3 days.

Regards,

netsec_ct
    02-13-09 09:46 PM
    I'm thinking its the battery. How old is the battery? It might need to be replaced if its old or a possibly defective cell? Be nice if you could pick up a cheap one on amazon or ebay to give it a whirl to ensure its not a defect within the phone (unlikely) or a corrupted OS (unlikely).

Good luck
    02-13-09 09:47 PM
    maybe a memory leak.. check status and find out how much memory you still have..
    02-13-09 09:49 PM
    Memory over 17MB
    02-13-09 09:50 PM
    I was thinking a dead cell in the battery also ..... Any one in CT know where I can get a battery on a Saturday? It is a T-mobile phone however the rep on the phone the other night said they had discontinued carrying batteries at the T-Mobile stores.

Regards,

netsec_ct
    02-13-09 09:52 PM
    Here's an OEM BB battery if you decide to buy one. I know it says for 8707c, but it will work for the curve.
    I agree I think it could be a batt problem or file free. I would never recommend an OS re-install unless you are absolutely sure on how it works. If you do decide to go that route read this first...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    Battery is as old as the phone ..... under a year
    02-13-09 09:53 PM
    Could just be a bad batt from the factory. It's rare, but it happens.
    02-13-09 09:56 PM
    Thats not that long on the battery, as stated before while rare it does happen...... The 80% part makes me think its the battery or botched cell etc.... Try going to any cell store in your area. Where I live they all carry blackberry batteries but you pay the premium price unfortunately.

You might want to try to fix the file free a little bit to see if it does help. 17 is not bad really but its on the low side. Close apps properly (menu - close), if no media card get one, move all pics, tones, video etc to the card - remove any unneeded apps (especially viigo and facebook if you dont need to have them) same goes with themes - yank the battery and check again. You can also try this which works well and will free up a good amount of memory. I picked up a spare battery off amazon for just a couple bucks for this exact situation.... Battery or phone ?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    02-13-09 10:05 PM
    Went to the local phone stores in the area. Only 2 had a battery. The first had only a OEM battery. Unfortunately I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for and would not go for that. The next was the local Nextel location. They wanted $40 for the battery and I basically told them what they could do with that.

Figured out the phone works fine while plugged into a charger so I decide to order one on-line and wait for it. Hey, it's not exactly wireles right now however I will survive until the battery arrives on Wednesday.

Would like to thank everyone for their input. I probably will rebuild the device after the new battery arrives to see if I can free up some more memory. I don't want to try that now because, if the battery causes another shutdown during the process, it may put me in a worse situation than I am in now.

Regards,

netsec_ct
    02-14-09 03:02 PM
    Well the problem resurfaced today. This time it just failed and would not turn on. Going to nuke and reload and see if there is some sort of glitch in the flash.
    02-21-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD