Considering switching to T Mobil, as thire Curve has Wi Fi, but no GPS, has anyone found a bluetooth adapter that works with the Curve so you can use Tela Nav or one of the other programs for turn by turn directions?
    10-08-07 10:37 AM
    As of now 10/04/07 the T-mobile Curve 8320 and TeleNav GPS are not compatible. You can use google maps or Blackberry maps, and they work ok, but they don't give you turn my turn directions that talk to you.. and pretty much any bluetooth GPS will work.
    10-08-07 01:18 PM
    I have been using the Navibe BlueTooth GPS that is available in the CrackBerry Store. It works with BB Maps and Google Maps. Haven't tried it with anything else yet.
    10-08-07 02:51 PM
    I'm using the Pharos bluetooth puck. It works, and looks like a modded xbox, so I like it. I found out about telenav, while wayfinder supports 8300 and 8310. I hope 8320 support comes soon... I want to convince my advisor that you don't need a garmin when you have a blackberry (he's got both).
    10-14-07 10:09 AM
    I've been using the Holux m1200. Has worked well with both Gmaps and BBmaps. One annoying problem with using it with Gmaps is that even after you are done using the puck Gmaps continually prompts me to turn on bluetooth, even when I am not using the App. The only way I've found to stop the continual annoyance is to either uninstall/reinstall gmaps, or give in and leave BT on, which is a big battery drain.

Any chance anyone else has found a solution to this? I've pretty much switched to using the puck exclusively with BBmaps, though this means I need to use two different map apps to find businesses as a business search seems to be missing in BBmaps.
    10-14-07 01:23 PM
    Well I have the Pharos BT GPS II adaptor for the Microsoft Streets and Trips GPS and for some reason it will not connect to my phone. Does anyone know of a way to connect this because it is a universal Bluetooth receiver.
    10-15-07 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD