OK, so the daughter has SunCom on her fathers plan. Just got a shiny new curve 8310 couple of weeks ago.
    Few days into having it, got the error jmv error 102. Reloaded everything just fine. Few days later it was in a wet enviroment, didnt get soaked, but a lil splashed. Worked for another week as normal, so thought we made it past the water worries.

Then woke up the other morning with error 543. Reloaded and got the 102, then some other error. Reloaded a few different times even with different carriers software, different computers, and cant get past this 543. It just powers on with that now. It was doing the reset/hourglass/reset/hourglass/reset cycle then ended up with the 543 error screen.

Have tried new downloads, freshy built windows systems and dm installed. running dm 4.5. have tried the 4.5 os with the same results even. I am a system engineer, so most "common" things have been done. different cables/computers/downloads/wiped numerous times. Is there a way to test the memory in the computer. Some sort of diags.

Of course the lil white sticker inside is red so the 2 week old phone has no warranty i am sure now. unless I remove the sticker. the battery still looks clean on its water detection sticker.

Is it worth it to take the phone apart and make sure its all clean inside then take it to a suncom store and try to get warranty on it. Havent escalated up to RIM yet, but would definately like to as this seems to be such a software issue.

ya know what they say, if the wife aint happy, aint noone happy. well that is even more true of a teenager.

thanks for any ideas
    Last edited by ckostner; 08-16-08 at 07:57 AM.
    08-15-08 09:08 AM
    don't judge me but I have only one word of advice........stolen!
    08-15-08 09:22 AM
    not sure what that means, it was bought from suncom and delivered from suncom. new phone not from ebay or anything like that.
    08-15-08 09:33 AM
    turn it in on you insurance as stolen if they find the slightest hint of h20 damage your just hosed.
    08-15-08 09:45 AM
    hehe gotcha. that may be the last resort plan. but a good one for sure.
    i am still hoping the 543 can be fixed.
    08-15-08 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD