Hello,
    I have a curve 8310 with At&t Software on it. I am a T-mobile customer and want T-mobile software on my phone. How do I erase the old spftware and install the new? Also I need to format my 2 gig SD memory card to use the video feature. Please advise. And lastly, how do I transfer music from my pc to the phone.? When I go to media transfer, it keeps telling me that the phone isn't connnected when I KNOW IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU
    09-02-09 01:19 PM
    So many questions.

First, you need to get your phone unlocked before you can use it on T-Mo.

To format your memory card go to Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card.

Then while in Media Card, Enable Mass Storage Mode, set the other option to Prompt when connected. Save.

You need to install the usb drivers onto your computer. The easiest way is to install Desktop Manager on your computer. It is on the CD that came with your BB. If you don't have the CD, or you want a later version of Desktop Manager, you can download it from blackberry.com

When you connect your BB to the usb port, a prompt will come up asking if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode. Choose Yes. Now the BB will appear on your computer as a removable flash drive. Copy your music to the \Blackberry\Music folder.
    09-02-09 01:34 PM
    Hello,
    I have a curve 8310 with At&t Software on it. I am a T-mobile customer and want T-mobile software on my phone. How do I erase the old spftware and install the new? Also I need to format my 2 gig SD memory card to use the video feature. Please advise. And lastly, how do I transfer music from my pc to the phone.? When I go to media transfer, it keeps telling me that the phone isn't connnected when I KNOW IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU
    Read the BB101 Lecture Series (link in my sig) Contains everything you need to know about BB and CB.
    09-02-09 01:46 PM
    So many questions.

First, you need to get your phone unlocked before you can use it on T-Mo.

To format your memory card go to Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card.

Then while in Media Card, Enable Mass Storage Mode, set the other option to Prompt when connected. Save.

You need to install the usb drivers onto your computer. The easiest way is to install Desktop Manager on your computer. It is on the CD that came with your BB. If you don't have the CD, or you want a later version of Desktop Manager, you can download it from blackberry.com

When you connect your BB to the usb port, a prompt will come up asking if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode. Choose Yes. Now the BB will appear on your computer as a removable flash drive. Copy your music to the \Blackberry\Music folder.
    +1
    10 char
    09-02-09 01:49 PM
    OK,

i already had the phone unlocked so i can use it to make calls. When I go to options/media card support, there are no other options there for me to format the card.IT JUST SAYS THAT MEDIA CARD SUPPORT IS OFF AND I CAN'T CHANGE IT.There isn't any Broowser icons on the desktop either. I still need to erase the old software and install Tmobile's.

Thank you for your spedy reply. I really appreciated it!!!! All valuable info!! This phone is so Frustrating!!!!
    Last edited by Mysta56; 09-02-09 at 08:14 PM.
    09-02-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD