OMG just got a curve 8310 on vodafone in Ireland, a using it with a pay as you go sim. Great phone. I am totally new to blackberrys and have no idea of how to setup or even what features and how i can use them.

I bought the curve from a guy who didnt want it anymore as he preferred his Nokia. Silly man lol

Can you tell me what features i can use on pay as you go and how do i use them and set them up? also how do i add apps as when i tried via the desktop software it said there were no applications intended for my device?

How do i setup email etc? on the home menu under email it has the guys email address whom i bought it from, how do i change that, cant seem to change it under advanced settings menu?

With blackberry messenger is that just for talking with fellow blackberry owners?

How do i install and setup MSN on my blackberry?

Non technical talk please as i am a total clueless newbie lol.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    09-03-08 04:24 AM
    OMG just got a curve 8310 on vodafone in Ireland, a using it with a pay as you go sim. Great phone. I am totally new to blackberrys and have no idea of how to setup or even what features and how i can use them.

I bought the curve from a guy who didnt want it anymore as he preferred his Nokia. Silly man lol

Can you tell me what features i can use on pay as you go and how do i use them and set them up? also how do i add apps as when i tried via the desktop software it said there were no applications intended for my device?

Desktop manager is probably your best (and possibly only) option. As to the
    features you really should ask your carrier that.

How do i setup email etc? on the home menu under email it has the guys email address whom i bought it from, how do i change that, cant seem to change it under advanced settings menu?

It seems that the prior owner did not have the carrier release the PIN
    and IMEI, basically unregistering his account. Contact him and have him
    do so or see if your carrier can help.

With blackberry messenger is that just for talking with fellow blackberry owners?

Yes it is. Not sure if you can use it on a pay as you go service.
    You need a BB Data plan for that.

How do i install and setup MSN on my blackberry?

Can't help there.

Non technical talk please as i am a total clueless newbie lol.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    09-03-08 05:33 AM
    To install MSN you can download from BlackBerry's website. I would think it would just be considered sms on your prepaid acct.
    09-03-08 06:12 AM
    Grrrr if there is one thing that totally bugs me it's posts that start with OMG! Even worse is people who start actual conversations with OMG! That's my rant over with. Hope ya NJOY your new BB and find the answers U need...
    09-03-08 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD