Hello, I got my 8310 (my first BB) a couple weeks ago. All in all I love it, but I have a problem. Twice now it has "locked up". It either ignores all commands, or executes them very slowly and jerky. While this is happening I get the hourglass indicator continuously. Both times I have needed the phone fairly quickly and removed/replaced the battery. After this he BB reboots correctly and then functions normally. However, Both times I have lost ALL call and text histories. I probably should let it run it's course once and see what happens but desprate times call for desperate measures. Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks
    01-31-08 07:11 PM
    This is exactly what happened to me. My phone was acting extremely slow then just "hourglassed"; I popped the battery out and it worked normally after that. Before that happened though, I saw that there was 0 free memory on the device before and after I popped the battery, there was 17 megabytes. What I want to know is how to free that memory up without popping the battery.

Help!!

P.S. - I've had mine for 1 week and it's locked up once. From your post it looks like it takes about a week for us normal users to use up the device memory
    Last edited by phalco; 01-31-08 at 07:33 PM.
    01-31-08 07:30 PM
    Hi, I had my 8310 for two weeks. It started locking up regularly, 5 times one day then every phone call. It had the hour glass and took about two minutes to come back on line, of course it dropped my call. I contacted ATT, after the second time I called they told me I needed to return the phone for a replacement. I'm expecting it to arrive today, though after reading that others have had the same problem I might just return it and shop around.
    02-06-08 07:37 AM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull?
    02-06-08 09:04 AM
    I've had mine over a week and so far I've not run into any problems. Is this a common problem with the Curve?
    02-06-08 04:49 PM
    Hello, I got my 8310 (my first BB) a couple weeks ago. All in all I love it, but I have a problem. Twice now it has "locked up". It either ignores all commands, or executes them very slowly and jerky. While this is happening I get the hourglass indicator continuously. Both times I have needed the phone fairly quickly and removed/replaced the battery. After this he BB reboots correctly and then functions normally. However, Both times I have lost ALL call and text histories. I probably should let it run it's course once and see what happens but desprate times call for desperate measures. Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks
    Can't you get it replaced from AT&T under manufacturer's warranty? I believe it is a 1 year warranty.
    02-06-08 04:51 PM
    hey i have mine less then a week but it has been getting slow. You thing maybe i should be carfull about the apps i put on it like google maps aim and all that stuff? maybe i should limit it?
    02-06-08 07:14 PM
    hey i have mine less then a week but it has been getting slow. You thing maybe i should be carfull about the apps i put on it like google maps aim and all that stuff? maybe i should limit it?
    I've downloaded Google maps and other apps and haven't noticed mine getting slower.
    02-06-08 08:12 PM
    Hey guys simple cure get sd card and save apps to card I had this problem with my test run bb8310. I sent one back and still had the problem before this you just need to be more specific, when saving the file store on memory card its worth the extra money to buy it!!bbm - 24446F71

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD