Ok, I'm not an ***** but I can't figure out how to setup e-mail for my Curve 8310! According to the manual, I should be able to click on setup wizard>>email setup, and then there should be an option for "I want to create or add an e-mail address", but for me, I only have the following 2 options:

-I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise server
    -I want to skip email setup

I don't want to use a work email address, just my personal Yahoo account. I went online to the Blackberry website, went to the e-mail setup and added my yahoo account, but it's still not working. Is this because I am out of data range or something? PLEASE HELP! So frustrated...
    11-28-08 02:14 PM
    Mine does the same as I dont have a data plan yet. I would recommend you have the service books resent if you have a data plan and it sounds like you do. I am still new at this so I could be out in left field.

Julian
    11-28-08 02:19 PM
    It should have the third option. Instead of the set up, look for your Manage Internet Email icon. It is an envelope with a gear in front of it, open it and select email. This should take you to your provider's website. Scroll down and select add an email account, follow instructions and set up your account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:22 PM
    And J is right, while you're there, you should have the option to send service books as well.

11-28-08 02:24 PM
    Hmm... I have no envelope with a gear in front of it. I thought I had a data plan setup. What gives??
    11-28-08 02:37 PM
    try:

menu
    show all

maybe it's hidden
    11-28-08 02:41 PM
    Go to your provider's site and send service books. I think some providers don't give that option. Most do, but some don't. Anyway, your email options should show up if you send service books from their site. Also register just in case you need to do that as well.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select
    register now> click back and close.
    Provision Device (CDMA Devices Only): Go to options> mobile network> BlackBerry button> start provisioning.
    E

11-28-08 02:47 PM
    i got the same problem, i send the services books and register on routing tables and nothing, plz help me
    01-15-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD