Hello,

I'm obviously new to the whole new Blackberry world. I had a Pearl for about a week until I upgraded to the Curve 8310 (AT&T). It was kind of like going to a birthday party or church event where there's pizza served but they didn't order enough. Have you ever been somewhere and felt that there was only enough pizza to make you mad? You probably know what I mean; so I upgraded to the Curve and I love it and loved the Pearl too: Go Blackberry!

My question is, the Curve doesn't seem to be able to capture or take video on it's camera. Could that really be correct? Either I'm a dork or it doesn't have the ability to take videos which would shock me. Will I have to use my 4-year old Nokia 8800 to take videos of the kids?

Can you take videos on a Curve?

Thanks!

Keith Boe
    Last edited by keithboe; 01-12-08 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Spelling and content
    01-12-08 11:32 PM
    Be patient. Your not going nuts, it can't do it yet. Search for details of the soon to be released device OS 4.3.1, that will enable video taking and a bunch of other stuff on the curve. Remember, Blackberry's started life as business devices and are quickly adding features to move into the consumer market.
    01-12-08 11:40 PM
    Why are you shocked? Didn't you read anything before you bought the 8310.

No, it does not take videos. No where does any documention or marketing say or hint that it does.
    01-12-08 11:41 PM
    when is 4.3.1 being released...I heard a few weeks ago anywhere from early Jan to May?
    01-12-08 11:42 PM
    What is 4.3.1? Is it a program? Can we download 4.3.1 to our current BB curve and enable it to take video?
    01-12-08 11:51 PM
    Well, no I didn't really read anything but it is a huge step upwards from my Nokia. HUGE!

I just assumed that it had it but I am in no way complaining. The Blackberry is a whole new world indeed!

I'm looking forward to the new release where I can take video but that is in no way a deal breaker and thank you so much for letting me know about it! I'll be searching for it's release. Just a few fun shots of the kids.

I am surprised though that it (Curve 8310) or any other Blackberry model is not capable of 3G? I'm surprised that broadband internet access is not available on any Blackberry model (or so I understand) and they are only capable of a basic "dial up" access. Is that true and do any of y'all know of any software releases or future Blackberry devices that will be capable of a "broadband", high speed internet "3G" connection?

Thanks!

Keith Boe
    01-13-08 12:05 AM
    4.3 is an OS update that at some point in the next couple of months should be available for most newer BBs.
    01-13-08 12:06 AM
    Both the 8820 and the 8320 are WiFi capable BlackBerrys. Is that what you call "broadband internet access"?

There are no 3G enabled BlackBerrys in the US (save one old model). Europe, yes.

3G will be available soon on a new BlackBerry model this year. Confirmed.

Who is using dial-up onthe BlackBerry for access? lol none I know of.
    01-13-08 12:09 AM
    Also a newbie in the Blackberry world, I was wondering are these OS upgrades free?
    01-13-08 12:05 PM
    Also a newbie in the Blackberry world, I was wondering are these OS upgrades free?
    Yeah, as far as I know.
    01-13-08 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD