Is there any way to require a password in order to get into a specific application such as the calendar? I know you can make events private so that they don't show up on the main screen but I need more protection than that. Does anyone know how to password protect the calendar!?!?!

I have a verizon curve 8300
    01-13-09 05:12 PM
    I don't know of a way to specifically single out the calendar but you can set a device password so you will be prompted to enter it to unlock the device. I have it set on all 3 of my Blackberries. Had to do it cause of prying eyes.
    01-13-09 09:19 PM
    • Set the password and timeout option:
      1. Select Options and then Security.
      2. Next to "Password", highlight the word Disable and click the trackwheel.
      3. Select Change Option and then Enable.
      4. Enter your password, and press the Enter key. Note: The password must be 4 to 14 characters in length. Do not enter a password composed of identical characters or a natural sequence (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4), as it will be rejected.
      5. Enter your password again to verify it.
      6. Next to "Security Timeout", highlight the displayed time and click the trackwheel.
      7. Select Change Option, and choose a reasonable time for the handheld to time out and lock. Recommended 15 minutes or less.
      8. To exit the "Security" screen, press the Escape key. You will be prompted to save. Select Yes.
    • Whenever you put down your BlackBerry, lock it by selecting Lock from the main menu.
    01-13-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD