Is there a way to create folders on the crackberry? I want to save some sent messages to a folder, but do not want to save EVERYTHING under Sent messages folder. Can I create another folder to save emails in?
    10-24-07 02:49 PM
    To create a folder:

At the main BB screen, which shows all of your icons, like your email, media, phone, address list, etc, hit the menu button (or the one immediately to the left of the trackball). On mine when I do that I get these options:

Move
    Hide
    Show All
    Add Folder
    Switch Application

Select "Add Folder." This will take you to a seperate popup screen to create a folder and name it whatever you want. I have done this and it works.

My Question:

How can I move a particular email message to this newly created folder?

E.g. I have created a folder named "ACTION - CALLS" to store all emails which should prompt me to call someone (a la David Allen's Getting Things Done or GTD). When I am checking emails on my BB and I come across one that should prompt me to call, I want to move it out of Inbox and into this new folder. I realize I am missing something pretty simple.

HOW?? HELP??

Thanks!

John C
    10-31-07 12:36 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think you can do it if you run the Blackberry Desktop manager software and whatever changes you make there (as long as you have email reconciliation turned ON) will go to your BB.
    I will try and play with it some later on, but feel free to jump ahead of me.
    Anyone else have any other ideas?
    10-31-07 04:35 PM
    Thanks - but how exactly do you do it through the desktop manager?

I opened mine up and looked around in the "Synchronize" menu, but couldn't figure out how to change it. Surely there must be an easy way on the handheld to move a particular email message into a newly created folder. It would be great to synchronize those folders with the laptop once created, and I guess that's what you would have to change in the Desktop Manager Software. So maybe we still ahve two questions:

1. How (on the handheld) to move an individual email message from the Inbox to (e.g.) a new folder I've created named "ACTION - CALLS."
    2. How to synchronize the ACTION - CALLS folder with my desk/laptop.

Thanks!!
    10-31-07 04:54 PM
    OK I've been up looking further into the 'advice from the Help files and it seems as tho it may be only available using the BES set up.

I dont have mine set up that way since I my company doesn't use BES. I've been thru it over and over.
    I am not giving up unless someone knows the definitive answer on being able to create email folders or if you are able to with BIS or does it have to be w/ BES?
    10-31-07 11:52 PM
    if you want to place stuff in the folder just go on the icon that you want to move
    then press the options buttion left of the scroll
    it will say move to folder
    just press that pick the folder and your done
    10-03-10 02:34 PM
    So many view but so little replies.
    10-03-10 03:22 PM
    Pay attention. That poster just gravedug a THREE YEAR OLD thread.
    10-03-10 03:51 PM
    am trying to create a folder but am struggling to do so i can' find the add new folder nay were on my 9800 torch
    06-25-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD