Sometime last night, I spilled a cup of water on a carpet, and my Curve was near it. I think it was keyboard-down, because this morning, I find that the trackball will not "click" normally. From the main screen, when I click the trackball, it tries to dial * and #. Right now, I took the battery out and am just letting it dry, hoping that will help.

I have a feeling I probably killed it, but does anyone else have any suggestions as to how I can help fix it? I don't have phone insurance or anything (great idea, I know) and bought the phone on Ebay earlier this month.

Thanks for your time!
    08-25-08 10:31 AM
    with the battery out put it in a bag of rice which will draw out the moisture. good luck
    08-25-08 10:38 AM
    Also, patience is the most important thing. Do not try to fire up the BB until your sure its fully dried out. A few days for your instance is good. Place ur battery and berry ontop of a cable box,monitor or tv set. This emits low heat and will help in the process
    08-25-08 10:56 AM
    I actually dropped my BlackBerry in the water while fishing this Saturday. It was still on and displaying its screen in the water. Fully submerged. I grabbed that sucker out. Attempted to suck all water out of it. Took the battery door off, took out the battery and let it sit in the window once I got home. It's with me today and working. I did file a claim, just to be safe. But mine did the same thing as yours. I press a key and I get something completely random. Once it dried out completely it was fine as far as I can tell.
    08-25-08 01:25 PM
    Scary! I'll be hoping for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 01:27 PM
    Follow the good advice given here and hopefully it will all work out OK for ya!
    08-25-08 01:39 PM
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-25-08 02:45 PM
    I hope you get it working sorry to hear the bad news.
    08-25-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD